Leonid Tkachenko (artist)
|Leonid Anisimovich Tkachenko|
|Born||March 28, 1927
|Training||Kharkov Art Institute|
|Movement||Realism, Conceptual art|
Leonid Anisimovich Tkachenko (Russian: Леони́д Ани́симович Ткаче́нко; March 28, 1927, Pyatigorsk, USSR) - Soviet, Russian painter, a member of the Saint Petersburg Union of Artists (before 1992 the Leningrad branch of Union of Artists of Russian Federation), living and working in Saint Petersburg, regarded as one of the leading representatives of the "left" wing of the Leningrad school of painting.
In 1950 Leonid Tkachenko graduated from Kharkov Art Institute. Since 1950 he live and work in Leningrad.
Since 1950 Leonid Tkachenko has participated in Art Exhibitions. He painted portraits, landscapes, genre and abstract compositions, still lifes. Leonid Tkachenko works in oil painting and watercolors. His solo exhibitions were in Leningrad (1983) and Saint Petersburg (1996).
In the 1960s in art of Leonid Tkachenko take place gradual changes from academic style and plein air painting to symbolic compositions and more plastic expression. There is a growing abstract role of color and rhythm with subsequent release into the space of philosophical tasks of conceptual art.
In 1951 Leonid Tkachenko was admitted to the Leningrad Union of Soviet Artists (since 1992 known as the Saint Petersburg Union of Artists).
Paintings by Leonid Anisimovich Tkachenko reside in State Russian Museum, State Tretyakov Gallery, in the lot of Art museums and private collections in Russia, USA, China, England, Japan, and other countries.
- Leningrad School of Painting
- List of Russian artists
- List of 20th-century Russian painters
- List of painters of Saint Petersburg Union of Artists
- Saint Petersburg Union of Artists
- Directory of members of the Leningrad branch of Union of Artists of Russian Federation. - Leningrad: Khudozhnik RSFSR, 1987. - p.131.
- Sergei V. Ivanov. Unknown Socialist Realism. The Leningrad School.- Saint Petersburg: NP-Print Edition, 2007. – pp.21, 371, 388, 389, 391, 393, 394, 396, 398, 400, 402-407, 439, 444.
- Directory of members of the Leningrad branch of Union of Artists of Russian Federation. - Leningrad: Khudozhnik RSFSR, 1987. - p. 131.
- Larisa Novozhilova. Leonid Anisimovich Tkachenko. - Leningrad: Khudozhnik RSFSR, 1991. - 108 p.
- Matthew C. Bown. Dictionary of 20th Century Russian and Soviet Painters 1900-1980s. - London: Izomar, 1998. ISBN 0-9532061-0-6, ISBN 978-0-9532061-0-0.
- Time for change. The Art of 1960-1985 in the Soviet Union. - Saint Petersburg: State Russian Museum, 2006. - p. 227.
- Sergei V. Ivanov. Unknown Socialist Realism. The Leningrad School. - Saint Petersburg: NP-Print Edition, 2007. – pp. 21, 371, 388, 389, 391, 393, 394, 396, 398, 400, 402-407, 439, 444. ISBN 5-901724-21-6, ISBN 978-5-901724-21-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leonid Tkachenko (artist).|
- Leonid Tkachenko on the "Unknown Socialist Realism. Quests and Discoveries".
- The Leningrad School of painting. Historical outline.
- Chronology of the Leningrad School of painting.