This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Leonor Watling live with Marlango
|Birth name||Leonor Elizabeth Ceballos Watling|
28 July 1975|
|Genres||Jazz, blues, rock|
|Occupation(s)||Actress, musician, lyricist|
Watling was born in Madrid, Spain to a Spanish father from Cádiz, Andalusia and an English mother, and has three siblings: two brothers and one sister. She speaks Spanish with her brothers and English with her sister. Her father died when she was 17.
When she was a child, she wanted to be a classical dancer, but a knee injury made this impossible. Later, she moved to London in order to take acting lessons at the Actor's Centre.
Watling began her acting career in theatre and made her big screen debut when she was 15 with Jardines colgantes by Pablo Llorca. After that she participated in several TV series, such as Hermanos de leche, Farmacia de guardia or Querido maestro, but her most successful role was in the series Raquel busca su sitio with Cayetana Guillén Cuervo. In 1998, she was nominated for a Goya award for her role in La hora de los valientes, and was named as one of European films 'Shooting Stars' by European Film Promotion in 1999. In 2002, she was nominated again for a Goya for her role in A mi madre le gustan las mujeres.
In 2006, Watling starred in Paris, Je T'aime segment "Bastille" as Marie Christine. The film was directed by many famous directors who each had to produce a five-minute film set in Paris, the city of love. Spanish writer-director Isabel Coixet wrote and directed the segment "Bastille" and Watling starred alongside Sergio Castellitto and Miranda Richardson as Sergio's younger lover with whom he plans to run away after ending his relationship with his wife Miranda.
She combines film performances with her work with the band Marlango, in which she is vocalist and sings mostly in English.
She appears in TV series Pulsaciones, broadcast since January, 2017.
- Jardines colgantes (1993) (Hanging Gardens)
- Todas hieren (1997) (All Wounds)
- Grandes ocasiones (1998) (Great Occasions)
- The First Night of My Life (1998)
- La hora de los valientes (1998) (A Time for Defiance; literally The Hour of the Braves)
- No respires, el amor está en el aire (1999) (Do Not Breathe, Love is in the Air)
- La espalda de Dios (2000) (God's Back)
- Son de mar (2002) (Sound of the Sea; literally For Sea)
- A mi madre le gustan las mujeres (2002) (My Mother Likes Women)
- Talk to Her (2002)
- Deseo (film) (2002) (Desire)
- My Life Without Me (2002)
- En la ciudad (2003) (In the City)
- El elefante del rey (2003) (The Elephant King)
- Mala leche (2003) (Bad Milk)
- La mala educación (2004) (Bad Education)
- Crónicas (2004) (Chronicles)
- Inconscientes (2004) (Unconscious)
- The Secret Life of Words (2005)
- Malas temporadas (2005) (Bad Seasons)
- Tirante el Blanco (2005) (White Tie)
- Paris, je t'aime (2006)
- Salvador (Puig Antich) (2006) (Savior)
- El carnaval de Sodoma (2006) (Carnival of Sodom)
- La Habitación del Niño (2006) (The Child's Room)
- Teresa, el cuerpo de Cristo (2007) (Teresa, The Body of Christ)
- The Oxford Murders (2007)
- Unmade Beds (2009)
- Lope (2010)
- If I Were You (2012)
- The Food Guide To Love (2013)
- Risen (2016)
- "Somos Anormales", music video by Residente (2017)
- Muse (2017)
- Marlango (2004)
- Automatic Imperfection (2005)
- Automatic Imperfection (Special edition) (2006)
- Selection (2007)
- The Electrical Morning (2007)
- Life In The Treehouse (2010)
- Miguel Bosé - Duet in "Este mundo va" from the album Papito
- Jorge Drexler - Backing vocals in "El otro engranaje" from the album 12 segundos de oscuridad
- Diego Vasallo - Backing vocals in "La vida mata" from the album Los abismos cotidianos
- Fito Páez - Duet in "Pétalo de sal" and "Creo" from the album No sé si es Baires o Madrid
- Jorge Drexler - Duet in "Toque de queda" from the album Amar la trama
-  Leonor Watling's voice profile on ElDoblaje.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- Capetillo, Belem (31 March 2017). "Residente estrena su primer álbum como solista y, no te preocupes, ¡no deja Calle 13!". starMedia (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leonor Watling.|