From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The leopard (Panthera pardus) is a big cat now chiefly found in sub-Saharan Africa.
Leopard can also refer to:
- Amur leopard (pardus orientalis), related species of Northeast Asia
- Snow leopard or ounce (Uncia uncia), related species of Central Asia
- Clouded leopard (Neofelis nebulosa), related species of South/Southeast Asia
- Sunda clouded leopard (Neofelis diardi), related species of Sumatra and Borneo
- Leopard cat (Prionailurus bengalensis), wildcat species of Southeast Asia
- Leopard (pattern), the spotting pattern characteristic of Leopards
- Leopard complex, the genetic alllele responsible for leopard-spotting in horses
- Leopardus, another genus of small cats
- Light Tank VK 1602 "Leopard", a German light tank design during World War II that did not see production.
- Leopard 1, a German main battle tank (1965-)
- Leopard 2, a modern German main battle tank (1979-), used by the armed forces of Germany and several other countries
- Leopard 2E, a modern Spanish tank.
- Leopard (rocket), a British rocket
- HMS Leopard, name of several Royal Navy ships
- French destroyer Léopard, warship of World War II
- South Devon Railway Leopard class, a South Devon Railway 4-4-0ST steam locomotive, and the class of similar locomotives
- Leopard 6 Litre Roadster, luxury car designed by Polish designer for Sweden-based company
- Nissan Leopard, Japanese luxury sports car
- Leyland Leopard bus
- SS Leopard, Steamship used as a blockade runner during the American Civil War.
- DR-DOS, code-name "Leopard" of Digital Research's DR DOS 5.0
- Mac OS X Leopard, the sixth major release of Apple's Mac OS X operating system.
- The Leopard (1963 film) by Luchino Visconti
- LEOPARD syndrome, rare autosomal dominant multisystem disease, associated with high numbers of surface skin lesions
- Leopard (heraldry), a heraldic beast
- Leopard-Trek, the former name of a UCI WorldTour cycling team, now known as Trek Factory Racing
- Leopard-Trek Continental Team, a UCI Continental cycling team
- Half Florin or Leopard, English coin of Edward III
- Leopard, a locally monthly magazine based in Aberdeen, Scotland
- One of the 2014 Winter Olympics mascots.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Leopard.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.