|Studio album by Tomasz Stańko|
Rainbow Studio, Oslo
|Tomasz Stańko chronology|
The Allmusic review by Michael G. Nastos awarded the album 3½ stars stating "As ECM recordings go, Leosia is one of the label's, and certainly trumpeter Tomasz Stanko's, definitive introspective and sedate musical statements. Not that in either instance these qualities have been in short supply, but here those themes of lush romanticism, thinly veiled mysticism, and pure ethereal thought could not be more concentrated or emphasized... Clearly a project moved by the death of a friend, it is a reminder of how life is fleeting, and words unspoken until it is too late can muster these feelings of abject regret". The Penguin Guide to Jazz selected this album as part of its suggested Core Collection and awarded it a "Crown".
|Penguin Guide to Jazz||"Crown"|
- All compositions by Tomasz Stańko except as indicated.
- "Morning Heavy Song" - 6:45
- "Die Weisheit Von le Comte Lautréamont" - 6:11
- "A Farewell to Maria" - 7:42
- "Brace" (Anders Jormin, Tony Oxley) - 4:10
- "Trinity" (Jormin, Oxley, Bobo Stenson) - 5:05
- "Forlorn Walk" (Jormin, Oxley, Stańko) - 2:12
- "Hungry Howl" - 9:53
- "No Bass Trio" (Oxley, Stańko, Stenson) - 6:02
- "Euforila" - 5:06
- "Leosia" - 9:22