Leppington railway station
|Coordinates||33°57′18″S 150°48′29″E / 33.954983°S 150.80814399999997°ECoordinates: 33°57′18″S 150°48′29″E / 33.954983°S 150.80814399999997°E|
|Owned by||Transport Asset Holding Entity|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Line(s)||South West Rail Link|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||8 February 2015|
|2018||4,390 (Daily) (Sydney Trains)|
Leppington railway station is the terminus of the South West Rail Link which serves the south-western Sydney suburb of Leppington. It opened on 8 February 2015. A ten road stabling facility is located to the west of the station at Rossmore. There are 850 car park spaces available.
Platforms and services
Leppington has two island platforms with four faces. Initial services consisted of a half-hourly shuttle to Liverpool. From 13 December 2015, trains operate directly to the city via Granville. From 26 November 2017, Cumberland Line services stop at the station, providing a link to Parramatta, Blacktown, Schofields and Richmond.
|1 to 4||terminating services to & from Central & the City Circle via Liverpool and Granville|||
|terminating services to & from Blacktown, Schofields and Richmond|||
Interline Bus Services operate three routes via Leppington station:
Busabout operate one route via Leppington station:
- ^ Transport Performance and Analytics (21 December 2018). "Train Station Entries and Exits 2016 to 2018". Train Station Entries and Exits Data. Open Data: Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- ^ Sydney opens South West Rail Link International Railway Journal 10 February 2015
- ^ Sydney's $1.8 bn South West Rail Link opens Urbanlyst 10 February 2015
- ^ South West Rail Link Overview p.3 - Transport Construction Authority
- ^ "First test trains hit the tracks on South West Rail Link". Transport for NSW. 6 November 2014. Archived from the original on 6 November 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- ^ "South West Rail Link: Soon to head North and East, with more services". Transport for NSW. 15 October 2015. Archived from the original on 19 November 2015.
- ^ Barr, Eliza (27 February 2017). "Southwest Sydney train service to increase with new peak hour trains and north-south connection from Leppington to Parramatta and Blacktown". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- ^ O'Sullivan, Matt (27 February 2017). "Decision on rail link to new Sydney airport 'many years off', Transport Minister Andrew Constance says". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- ^ "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "T5: Cumberland line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Interline route 855". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Interline route 856". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Interline route 858". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Busabout route 841". Transport for NSW.
- Media related to Leppington railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Leppington station details Transport for New South Wales