Lynn performing in October 2015
|Born||December 5, 1984|
Houston, Texas, United States
|Origin||Athens, Georgia; Nashville, Tn|
|Genres||Indie, Indie rock, Americana|
Lera Lynn (born December 5, 1984) is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and actress.
Born in Houston, Texas, Lynn was raised in Georgia. She has a bachelor's degree in anthropology from the University of Georgia. Before attending the university, she briefly attended Young Harris College in Young Harris, Georgia.
Lynn's first LP, Have You Met Lera Lynn, was released in 2011. In 2014, she released an EP entitled Lying in the Sun and also began creating music for the second season of the HBO crime drama series True Detective. Working with songwriter and music producer T Bone Burnett, the two collaborated with singer-songwriter Rosanne Cash at Burnett's home in Los Angeles, California. After approving the musical tracks, series creator Nic Pizzolatto cast Lynn as a recurring character who performs the songs in a dive bar frequented by the main characters. Her 2016 album Resistor was reviewed in Rolling Stone.
- Have You Met Lera Lynn (2011)
- Lying in the Sun (2014)
- The Avenues (2014)
- True Detective: Music From the HBO Series Soundtrack (2015)
- Resistor (2016)
- Plays Well With Others (2018)
- "From Athens to Austin, Lera Lynn Gets High Marks in Old School". Huffpost Entertainment. October 23, 2012.
- "Lera Lynn (Sept.14 issue)". Stomp And Stammer. Archived from the original on July 5, 2015. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- "ABOUT". Lera Lynn. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- John Jurgensen (June 26, 2015). "'True' Chanteuse Is the Secret Singer". Wall Street Journal. p. D6.
- Marissa R. Moss (February 17, 2016). "Hear Lera Lynn's Punchy 'Shape Shifter'". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on March 18, 2017. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- " 2016 Edmonton Folk Fest an understated, wonderful weekend". Edmonton Sun, By Fish Griwkowsky. August 07, 2016
|This article about a singer-songwriter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|