Les Discrets at Roadburn Festival, 2017.
|Genres||Post-rock, post-metal, shoegazing, blackgaze, indie rock, trip hop|
|Website||Les Discrets / Fursy Teyssier official website|
Les Discrets is a French shoegazing/post-rock project created and led by Fursy Teyssier as a "platform gathering music and art." Teyssier was the sole member of the band until 2009, when he was joined by Audrey Hadorn and Winterhalter. Les Discrets have released two shoegazing/post-rock studio albums, Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées in March 2010, Ariettes oubliées... in February 2012. After Winterhalter left the band in 2013, the band's third album, Prédateurs, released in April 2017, saw a transition towards an indie rock and trip hop-oriented sound.
The band considers its name to mean "Those who keep silent", although "The Discreet Ones" would be more an accurate translation.
Les Discrets was formed in 2003 as a musical side-project beside Phest, of which Fursy Teyssier was a member, as a way for Fursy, who is also an illustrator, to express concepts similar to those found within his art. Fellow French musicians, Winterhalter and Audrey Hadorn, soon joined the line-up. Les Discrets signed a five-album contract with German record label Prophecy Productions in April, 2009. The band released a split EP with Alcest in December of the same year, and went on to release their first full-length album, Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées, in March, 2010. According to the German Sonic Seducer magazine, the album features dark, romantic music that cannot be attributed to any single genre. On July 18, 2010, Fursy posted an update on the official site stating that composition for a second album had been completed, and that the studio had already been booked for its recording.
- Fursy Teyssier – lead vocals, guitars, bass (2003–present), keyboards (2011-present)
- Audrey Hadorn – vocals (2009–present)
- Winterhalter – drums (2009–2013)
Former live members
- Studio albums
- Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées (March 2010)
- Ariettes oubliées... (February 2012)
- Prédateurs (April 2017)
- Live albums
- Live at Roadburn (June 2015)
- Split releases
- Les Discrets / Alcest with Alcest (November 2009)
- Les Discrets / Arctic Plateau with Arctic Plateau (September 2011)
- Extended plays
- Virée Nocturne (August 2016)
- Rue Octavio Mey / Fleur Des Murailles (April 2017)
- Compilation appearances
- Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings (October 2010)
Notes and references
- "Les Discrets – History".
- Les Discrets signing announcement on Prophecy Productions homepage. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Lüthy, Juliane. "Les Discrets". Sonic Seducer (in German). Vol. 17 no. 4–2010.
-  Prédateurs | Les Discrets
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Les Discrets.|