|Genres||Post-rock, blackgaze, shoegazing, post-metal|
|Website||Les Discrets / Fursy Teyssier official website|
Les Discrets is a French shoegaze/post-rock project created and led by Fursy Teyssier as "a platform gathering music and art." Teyssier was the sole member of the band until 2009. Since then they have released two albums, in 2010 and 2012, respectively.
Les Discrets was formed in 2003 as a musical side-project beside Phest, of which Fursy Teyssier was a member, as a way for Fursy, who is also an illustrator, to express concepts similar to those found within his art. Fellow French musicians, Winterhalter and Audrey Hadorn, soon joined the line-up. Les Discrets signed a five album contract with German record label Prophecy Productions in April, 2009. The band released a split EP with Alcest in December of the same year, and went on to release their first full-length album, Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées, in March, 2010. According to the German Sonic Seducer magazine, the album features dark, romantic music that cannot be attributed to any single genre. On July 18, 2010, Fursy posted an update on the official site stating that composition for a second album had been completed, and that the studio had already been booked for its recording.
- Fursy Teyssier – lead vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards (2003–present)
- Audrey Hadorn – spoken vocals (2009–present)
- Zero – guitars, backing vocals (2012–present)
- Winterhalter – drums (2009–2013)
Former live members
- Neige – bass (2009–2013)
- Studio albums
- Split releases
- Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings (2010)
- Live at Roadburn (2015)
Notes and references
- "Les Discrets – History".
- Les Discrets signing announcement on Prophecy Productions homepage. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Lüthy, Juliane. "Les Discrets". Sonic Seducer (in German) 17 (4-2010).