The Guardians (2017 film)
|Directed by||Xavier Beauvois|
|Written by||Xavier Beauvois|
The Guardians (French: Les gardiennes) is a 2017 French drama film directed and written by Xavier Beauvois. It was screened in the Special Presentations section at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Nathalie Baye as Hortense
- Iris Bry as Francine
- Laura Smet as Solange
- Cyril Descours as Georges
- Gilbert Bonneau as Henri
- Olivier Rabourdin as Clovis
- Nicolas Giraud as Constant
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 90%, based on 31 reviews, and an average rating of 7.7/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "The Guardians proves that the oft-unraveled canvas of World War I still has fresh stories to tell — and adds another gorgeously filmed entry to Xavier Beauvois' filmography." On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 82 out of 100, based on 12 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".
- "Les Gardiennes (2017)". JP's Box-Office. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "The Guardians". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (25 July 2017). "Toronto Film Festival 2017 Unveils Strong Slate". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "The Guardians (Les Gardiennes) (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "The Guardians Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|