Les Hooper (born 27 February 1940 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana) is a composer in Los Angeles, US. His music ranges from classical to blues and jazz; from commercials to concert commissions. His credits include films, television, commercials, live performances, orchestral commissions, and many published pieces of music. He has won an Emmy Award and has had seven Grammy nominations, as well as Clio and film festival awards.
- Finney (1969)
- A Man Called Sloane (1979)
- Foxfire Light - Composer, Conductor (1982)
- State of the Union (1984)
- Hostages (1984)
- Out-of-Time Step (1984)
- Solar Crisis (1990)
- The Player (1992)
- Back in the USSR (1992)
- The Road Killers (1994)
- At the Hands of Another (1997)
- New American Heroes: The 1999 Senior Olympics (1999)
- Rocket's Red Glare (2000)
- Killing Christian (2003)
- Damaged - Composer (2003)
Television credits (partial)
|Year||Title||Info||Limited?||Label||OOP / SOLD OUT|
|1979||Lou Grant||Incomplete episodes:
"Denial" (season 2)
"Sweep" (season 2)
|1979-80||Man Called Sloane||various episodes|
|1979-81||Charlies Angels||various episodes|
Les Hooper Big Band (Chicago Band)
Les Hooper Big Band (L.A. Band)
- Raisin' the Roof
- Anything Goes 
- Out of the Woods (Released December 5, 2006)
- Live at Typhoon
- Hoopla 1
- Hoopla 2
- Hoopla 3
- Crossing the Line
- For the Children
- Hoopla 3
Awards and nominations
- Emmy "The Newperformers" NBC
- Clio "United Airlines Commercial"
- Grammy "Look What They've Done" Album (nomination)
- Grammy "Raisin the Roof" Album (nomination)
- Grammy "The Four of Us" Album (nomination)
- Grammy "Easy to Love" Album (nomination)
- Grammy "Anything Goes" Album (nomination)
- "Les Hooper - Biography & History -AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
- "KJAZZ 88.1 FM - Les Hooper". www.jazzandblues.org. Retrieved 2016-05-07.
- STEWART, ZAN (1994-07-22). "A Free Spirit : Les Hooper likes to mix things up when he composes. 'I don't want to bore myself,' he says.". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
- Jazz vol 3-4 page 15. Stites-Oakey Incorporated. 1978-01-01.
- Jazz, All About. "The Les Hooper Big Band: Look What They've Done / Dorian Blue / Raisin' the Roof / Anything Goes". www.allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 2016-05-07.
- Jazz, All About. "The Les Hooper Band: Out of the Woods". www.allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 2016-05-07.