|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Jean-Jacques Venditti|
|Area1||14.49 km2 (5.59 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.7/km2 (25/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||25138 /25190|
|Elevation||420–860 m (1,380–2,820 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The commune lies 12 km (7.5 mi) northeast of Saint-Hippolyte.
Sights and monuments
- The church of Saint-Léger was probably built in the 12th century. The nave and choir were altered in the 14th century. Side chapels were added in the 16th and 17th centuries and a sacristy to the south of the choir between 1760 et 1765. The choir contains murals from the 15th or 16th centuries. The church has been listed since 1936 as a monument historique by the French Ministry of Culture.
- Ministry of Culture: Eglise Saint-Léger de Chaux-lès-Châtillon (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Les Terres-de-Chaux.|
- Terres-de-Chaux on the regional web site (in French)
- Ministry of Culture listing for Eglise Saint-Léger de Chaux-lès-Châtillon (in French)
- Ministry of Culture photos of church
|This Doubs geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|