Les Trois Accords
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Les Trois Accords|
Les Trois Accords in 2010
|Origin||Drummondville, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Alternative rock, pop punk, comedy rock|
|Past members||Olivier Benoit|
Les Trois Accords is a Quebec rock band from Drummondville. The band launched its first album Gros mammouth album in 2003. Some of the notable songs, taken from that album, include "Hawaïenne", "Saskatchewan" and "Lucille". Along with their videos, these songs received heavy exposure in Quebec. In 2004, Gros mammouth album turbo (certified Platinum by the CRIA) was released with two extra tracks, "Loin d'ici" and "Turbo sympathique". In 2006, they released their second album, entitled Grand champion international de course (certified Gold by the CRIA).
The song "Lucille" was included in an enhanced podcast - Rouyn-Noranda that was released by bandeapart.fm in 2005. In 2006, bandeapart.fm featured the band in a video podcast Les Trois Accords au camping — Baladovidéo.
Originally formed in 1997 by Olivier Benoit and Simon Proulx, the band's current line up is:
- Pierre-Luc Boisvert (bass; joined in 2001)
- Charles Dubreuil (drums and percussion; joined in 2001)
- Alexandre Parr (guitars, vocals; joined in 1999)
- Simon Proulx (vocalist, guitars)
Founding member Olivier Benoit left the limelight in 2009 to become the group's manager.
The second album from Les Trois Accords was released September 5, 2006. This album did not break with the rock-pop style of Gros Mammouth and was more outrageous in its lyrics. The music video for Grand Champion can be viewed at Bande à part. The second music video is "Tout nu sur la plage". The album rose to the top of the charts after its first week.
Les Trois Accords can be classified along the same lines as French punk bands like Bérurier Noir, Parabellum, Les Cadavres or Les Wampas (all well known in Québec), but with a more California-pop sound. We can compare them more to Ludwig von 88 because of their obnoxious interviews—most notably, their interviews for Tout le monde en parle, Bon baisers de France, and Musique Plus. Les Trois Accords have had complaints about their lyrics before expressing their opinions but they believe that expressing themselves inspires them.
Discography and music videos
- Gros mammouth album (2003)
- Gros mammouth album turbo (2004) (updated version)
- Grand champion international de course (2006)
- En beau country (2008)
- Dans mon corps (2009)
- J'aime ta grand-mère (2012)
- Joie d'être gai (2015)
- Gold and Platinum Search Archived 2012-02-25 at the Wayback Machine. Music Canada. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- "Thousands roll in to see the Stones". Globe and Mail. September 3, 2005. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Québec Info Musique". qim.com. 23 February 2017.
- Bande à part - Grand Champion International de Course