Les and Mary
|Les and Mary|
|Studio album by|
Les and Mary is a studio album released by Les Paul and Mary Ford in 1955 on Capitol Records. The album was available in multiple formats, including a single 12-inch LP (W-577), as a 10-inch double-album (H-1-2-577), and with two separate options as a 45rpm EP set, one with 2 tracks per side, the other with four tracks per side. Additionally, the album was released in true album format as 78rpm.
The album reached as high as #15 on the Billboard album charts, staying on the charts for 6 weeks at a time when very few album chart positions were tracked.
- Falling in Love with Love (Richard Rodgers - Lorenz Hart) 2:09
- On the Sunny Side of the Street (Jimmy McHugh - Dorothy Fields) 2:36
- Just One of Those Things (Cole Porter) 2:20
- Twelfth Street Rag (Euday L. Bowman) 2:21
- Lies (Harry Barris - George E. Springer) 2:35
- Turista (Geraldo Blota - Angelo Apolonia) 2:26
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (traditional) 2:17
- Nueva Laredo (Jimmy Hicks - Marvin Moore) 2:58
- The Best Things in Life Are Free (Brown - DeSylva - Henderson) 2:29
- Moritat (From Three Penny Opera) (Bertolt Brecht - Kurt Weill) 2:26
- Some of These Days (Shelton Brooks) 2:09
- Tico, Tico (Zequinha de Abreu) 1:37
- Baby, Won't You Please Come Home (Charles Warfield - Clarence Williams) 2:03
- Dangerous Curves (Machin) 2:30
- I'm Movin' On (Hank Snow) 1:49
- Farewell (For Just Awhile) (Brooks - Lund) 2:24
- Watts, Randy; Callahan, Mike; Edwards, David; and Eyries, Patrice. Capitol Album Discography, Part 4 - The 12" LPs: 450-599. December 30, 2009. Retrieved December 7, 2011
- Capitol Records Advertisement Billboard Magazine. May 21, 1955. page 54.
- Whitburn, Joel (1993). Joel Whitburn's top pop albums, 1955-1992: compiled from Billboard's pop album charts, 1955-1992. Record Research Inc. p. 570. ISBN 9780898200935.