|Executive Director||Margy Lesher|
|Publisher||Elsie Publishing Institute|
|Based in||East Lansing, Michigan|
Lesbian Connection is a worldwide forum of news and ideas for, by, and about lesbians. Founded in 1974 by the lesbian-feminist collective Ambitious Amazons, it is run by the Michigan-based nonprofit Elsie Publishing Institute. The magazine is published on a bimonthly basis.
Lesbian Connection is notable for offering subscriptions on a sliding scale basis (asking for flexible donations based on each subscriber's ability to pay). Other unique aspects of the magazine are the fact that its content consists largely of reader submissions, and the fact that it maintains and distributes a worldwide list of "Contact Dykes" who volunteer to provide information about their hometowns to other women.
Lesbian Connection was instrumental in the building of national spiritual, political and social networks for lesbians.
- Whitt, Jan (2008). Women in American Journalism: A New History. Urbana: Urbana of Illinois Press. pp. 163–165. ISBN 978-0-252-07556-8.
- "Magazines in Alphabetical Order". Radcliffe Institute. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "Feminist Magazines". Feminist Majority Foundation. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- Zimmerman, Bonnie (ed.) (2000). Encyclopedia of Lesbian Histories and Cultures. New York: Garland. p. 455. ISBN 978-0-8153-1920-7.
- Lesbian Connection — official website
|This article about a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender related magazine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.