Lesley Regan is Professor and Head of Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust at St Mary's Hospital, and Deputy Head of the Division of Surgery, Oncology, Reproductive Biology and Anaesthetics at Imperial College London. She was elected the president of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 2016, the second woman and the first in 64 years to hold this position. In her first presidential address she discussed the importance of a healthy lifestyle for safe pregnancy, and the risks of obesity.
She was one of the first women to hold a chair in obstetrics and gynaecology in the UK, the first being Margaret Fairlie (1891-1963) who was appointed Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at the University of Dundee in 1940.
She has written several books on pregnancy and miscarriage including Your Pregnancy Week by Week, and Miscarriage: What Every Woman Needs to Know.
- Anonymous. "Professor Lesley Regan". www.imperial.ac.uk. Imperial College London. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- Boseley, Sarah (6 December 2016). "Lesley Regan: 'I have a responsibility to tell pregnant women the truth'". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- Anonymous (21 May 2016). "RCOG statement: Professor Lesley Regan has been elected President of the RCOG". Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- Anonymous. "Horizon – Prof Regan's Beauty Parlour". www.bbc.co.uk. British Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Maws & Bairns: Maternal & Child Health in Tayside: Local Heroes". Museum. University of Dundee. Retrieved 2 February 2014.