Lesley Vanderwalt is a New Zealand cinematic hair designer and makeup artist. Vanderwalt was raised and began her career in New Zealand before moving to Australia, where she has frequently collaborated with directors such as George Miller and Baz Luhrmann. She has worked as a hair or makeup supervisor on TV shows and films including Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, Farscape, Moulin Rouge!, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, and The Great Gatsby. In 2016, she won the Academy Award for Best Makeup and Hairstyling at the 88th Academy Awards and a BAFTA Award for Best Makeup and Hair in the 69th British Academy Film Awards for her work overseeing hair and makeup on the movie Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Los Angeles Times (5 January 2016). "Making up the apocalyptic world of 'Mad Max: Fury Road'". latimes.com. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Lesley Vanderwalt on IMDb
- "MAD MAX: FURY ROAD SERIES: In conversation with Lesley Vanderwalt, makeup & hair designer". Creative Media Skills. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "2016 Nominees". Oscars.org - Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Nominations Announced for the EE British Academy Film Awards in 2016". bafta.org. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Oscars 2016: Kiwi Lesley Vanderwalt takes Make-up and Hair styling award". stuff.co.nz. February 29, 2016. Retrieved February 29, 2016.
|This biographical article related to film in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|