Anderson with the Durham Bulls
|First baseman / Outfielder|
March 30, 1982 |
|March 28, 2014, for the Yomiuri Giants|
|Runs batted in||82|
|Baseball World Cup|
Anderson, who is primarily a center fielder, hit .363 during the 2005-06 season. Anderson defected from Cuba and signed a four-year contract worth $1.7 million with the Tampa Bay Rays prior to the 2010 season. Released by the Rays after the 2013 season, Anderson signed with the Yomiuri Giants. He finished the 2014 NPB season with a batting average of .319, along with 15 home runs and 50 RBIs.
On 2 December 2016 it was confirmed that Anderson had been released by the Giants.
- "Leslie Anderson Stephes" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2006-10-10.
- "Regular season batting statistics" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2006-01-06. Retrieved 2006-10-10.
- Romano, John (April 26, 2010). "Cuban defector finds lifeline in Rays". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- Chastain, Bill (March 11, 2010). "Rays reach deal with Cuban Anderson". MLB.com. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- Fernández, Daniel A. (December 18, 2013). "Cuban Leslie Anderson signs with the Yomiuri Giants". On Cuba. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- Graczyk, Wayne (October 18, 2014). "Cuban players experienced mixed success this season". Japan Times. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- "自由契約選手" [Free Contract Players]. Nippon Professional Baseball (in Japanese). 2 December 2016. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- NPB stats
- Cuban Baseball Career statistics
|This biographical article relating to a Cuban baseball outfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|