|Known for||Skin Type Solutions|
|Profession||Physician, CEO Baumann Cosmetic and Research Institute|
|Institutions||University of Miami School of Medicine|
Leslie Baumann, M.D. is an American dermatologist, author, and researcher based in Miami, Florida. She founded the Cosmetic Dermatology Center at the University of Miami in 1997 and is the founder and CEO of the Baumann Cosmetic and Research Institute.
Baumann has authored several dermatology textbooks and with The New York Times bestseller, The Skin Type Solution. She is also the author of a regular columns for the Miami Herald, Dermatology News and Yahoo! Health.
Baumann was born and raised in Lubbock, Texas. She attended the University of Texas for her undergraduate studies, and later graduated from Baylor College of Medicine. Baumann completed her residency at the University of Miami’s Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine.
In 1997, Baumann founded the University of Miami Cosmetic Center, the first university-operated center dedicated to cosmetic dermatology in the United States. She worked as a professor at the university, as well as director of the Cosmetic Center for 13 years. In 2007, she founded the Baumann Cosmetic & Research Institute (BCRI), an 8,500 square-foot facility in Miami. She has led research studies for the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to investigate cosmetic procedures such as the use of Myobloc (Botulinum toxin) for treating frown lines, and botox and Myobloc for treating excessive sweating of the palms and underarms. She has also participated in over 20 clinical trials for skin aging, body contouring or facial rejuvenation products including Juvéderm, Sculptra and others.
In 2002, Baumann published Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice The second edition of Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice was released in 2009. In 2014, Baumann ppublished Cosmeceuticals and Cosmetic Ingredients.
Skin Type Solution
Baumann authored The New York Times best-seller The Skin Type Solution in 2005. The book is based on Baumann's research on cosmeceutical ingredients and individual skin types. In 2014, Baumann started the 'Skin Type Solution Franchise System', a retail distribution network based on the research from her book, The Skin Type Solution, and the questionnaire, known as the 'Baumann Skin Type Indicator' (BSTI).
- Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice (McGraw Hill, 2002) ISBN 9780071362818
- The Skin Type Solution (Bantam, 2006) ISBN 9780553804225
- Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice Second edition (McGraw Hill, 2009) ISBN 9780071793995
- Cosmeceuticals and Cosmetic Ingredients (McGraw Hill, 2014) ISBN 9780071793988
- Blitzer, Ilana (8 February 2012). "The secrets to great skin and hair". CNN. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "7 beauty-boosting supplements". Fox News. Prevention Magazine. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Guglielmetti, Petra (17 November 2008). "Your Skinquiries, Answered! This Week's Topic: Acne Issues". Glamour Magazine. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Leslie Baumann Leads New Cosmetic Medicine and Research Institute". University of Miami. March 2009. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Dr. Leslie Bauman Is the "Skin Care Solution"". Passport Miami. 17 November 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "New York Times Best Seller Lists:Hardcover Advice". The New York Times. 2 April 2006. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Gonzalez, Diana (13 March 2008). "What you drink can make your skin stay healthy". Up North Live. NBC News. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Bramlett, Kellie (15 December 2010). "Lubbock native writes the book - and TV show - on skin types, solutions". Lubbock Avalanche Journal. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Around Us". MyPlainView. 15 December 2010. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Barankin, Benjamin (October 2007). "Spotlight on Leslie S. Baumann, M.D." The Dermatologist. 15 (10). Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Dania Mallette. "Talking Skin Care with Dr. Leslie Baumann". Skincare News. Archived from the original on 15 March 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Christensen, Doreen (9 May 2011). "What's new in sun safety?". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Hartstein, Morris E.; Holds, John B.; Massry, Guy G. (2008). "Optimizing Outcome from Facial Cosmetic Injections and Promoting Realistic Expectations". Pearls and Pitfalls in Cosmetic Oculoplastic Surgery. Springer. pp. 341–343. ISBN 978-0-387-25389-3.
- "Saving Face". University of Miami. Spring 2006. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Cosmetex 2013: Five Minutes with Professor Leslie Baumann". Professional Beauty. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- New Book Launched: Cosmeceuticals and Cosmetic Ingredients. DermWire. practicaldermatology.com. 13 November 2014. ISBN 978-0071793988. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Barel, André O.; Paye, Marc; Maibach, Howard I. (2009). Handbook of Cosmetic Science and Technology, Third Edition. CRC Press.
- Raakhee Mirchandani (14 March 2006). "The Skin You're in- How to make any skin type look luxurious". New York Post. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Dr. Baumann's Skin Type Solutions". www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com. 12 November 2010. Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Featured Expert- Dr. Leslie Baumann". Skincare News. Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.