|Genres||Jazz, Straight-ahead jazz|
|Labels||Pintch Hard Records|
While growing up, Pintchik's father played tenor saxophone as a hobby, but Pintchik wasn't interested in playing music as a child. It wasn't until college that Pintchik began playing music. She attended graduate school at Columbia University, where she studied 17th century English literature. As a doctoral candidate, she taught as a teaching assistant. She decided to leave academia and pursue a new career as a pianist and received private instruction from Bruce Barth and began playing public gigs.
Pintchik landed a steady job playing for the brunch crowd at Bradley's in Greenwich Village, in New York City, where she first met Red Mitchell. Mitchell liked what he heard and invited her and Scott Hardy to play with him on stage. Among other venues, Pintchik's trio performs regularly at Jazz at Kitano in New York City. 
Pintchik is married to musician Scott Hardy. She is known for saying onstage, "He's so good, I had no choice but to marry him!"
- True North (2016)
- In The Nature Of Things (2014)
- Leslie Pintchik Quartet Live In Concert (2010)
- We're Here To Listen (2010)
- Quartets (2007)
- So Glad to Be Here (2004)
- Elfman, Donald (April 2014). Review: In The Nature Of Things. The New York City Jazz Record, p. 22.
- Stober, Karl (January 29, 2011). Between Sets with Leslie Pintchik. JazzReview. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- Nemeyer, Eric (April 2014). Interview: Leslie Pintchik. Jazz Inside Magazine, p. 40.
- Leslie Pintchik: What's on your playlist? JazzEd, 5 (6): 10. November 2010.
- Lindsay, Bruce (May 9, 2011). Leslie Pintchik: Two Different Kinds Of Art. All About Jazz. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- Morrisson, Allen (December 5, 2016). Pintchik Trio Mesmerizes at NYC’s Jazz at Kitano. DownBeat. Retrieved March 10, 2017
- Pintchik, Leslie (July 28, 2010). Need to Know. Jazz Journalists Association. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- Pintchik, Leslie (August, 2014). Liner notes to Steve Wilson/Lewis Nash CD "Duologue". lesliepintchik.com. Retrieved March 10, 2017.
- Pintchik, Leslie (March, 2014). Author's note to Pintchik's CD "In the Nature of Things". lesliepintchik.com. Retrieved March 10, 2017.