The Rt Rev James Leslie Randall DD (died 1922) was the inaugural Bishop of Reading from 1889 until 1908. Educated at Winchester College  and New College, Oxford, he held incumbencies at Newbury, Sandhurst and Mixbury before being appointed Archdeacon of Buckingham, a post he held until elevation to the Episcopate. He died on 17 January 1922 and after his death a committee was set up to fund, then place, a memorial to honour his 56 years service to the Diocese of Oxford.
- Details of British Library Photograph
- The Times, Thursday, 17 October 1889; pg. 7; Issue 32832; col E "University Intelligence. Oxford, Oct. 16."
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- The Times, Friday, 30 January 1852; pg. 3; Issue 21025; col F "University Intelligence. Oxford, Jan. 29"
- Oxford Diocesan magazine
- The Times, Tuesday, 2 January 1923; pg. 12; Issue 43228; col B "Ecclesiastical News"
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Reading
1889 – 1909
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|