Leslie and the LY's
|Leslie & the LY's|
Leslie and the LY's performing in Salt Lake City in 2010
|Origin||Ames, Iowa, United States|
Ramona "Mona Bonez" Muse
Karen "Scraps" Kvitek
Grace "Grazie" Locke-Ward
|Past members||Kristilyn "Klassy K" Stevenson
Emily "Obese E" Hyde
"DJ Dr." Laura De Waal
Leslie & the LY's is made up of front-woman Leslie Hall, also known as Mother Gem, who composes all of the music herself generally using the Apple Computer program GarageBand. Other past and present members include, DJ Dr. Laura on the turn-tables, and Klassy K on the keytar and dance, OBESE E on turn-tables, Sassy Cassie, & K To the Double L on backing vocals.
Hall has since established The Mobile Museum of Gem Sweaters, which doubles both as the band's official tour vehicle and gift shop/museum, which sometimes appears at her shows. She has been featured in Vice magazine, on television with VH1 and G4, and has had music videos featured on AtomFilms and Yahoo!'s main page. In 2006, Leslie was filmed as part of space150's viral campaign for We Are the Web, a site that advocates net neutrality. Fans of the band are known as Junior Gems.
Leslie & The LY's toured the US in 2010 in support of their album, Back2Back Palz; the tour began in Chicago, Illinois on February 12, 2010 with supporting act Christopher the Conquered. They have also toured for their 2013 album, Songs in the Key of Gold.
- Gold Pants (2005)
- Door Man's Daughter (2006)
- ceWEBrity (2008)
- Back 2 Back Palz (2010)
- Destination Friendship (2011)
- Songs In The Key of Gold (2013)
- Goldpants (EP) (featuring Arecee) (on 7" vinyl only)
- Zombie Killer (featuring Elvira) (on 7" vinyl only)
- Leslie Hall, DJ Dr. Laura, and the Junior Gems on Nick Jr's "Yo Gabba Gabba" doing a Dancey Dance: The Razzle Dazzle
- Leslie Hall solo on "Yo Gabba Gabba" performing "All My Friends are Different"
- Featured as the number 20 Greatest Internet Superstar on VH1
- Featured on G4/TechTV's "Unscrewed with Martin Sargent"
- "Leslie Hall (Leslie and the LY's)". The Weirdest Band in the World. 2013-02-07. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- "Lelie & The LY's: Gold Pants". cdbaby.com. Retrieved 2006-08-21.
- "Leslie And The Ly's* & Arecee - Goldpants". Discogs. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- Sellards, Jason. Beautiful People 2006: Leslie Hall, Papermag. April 4, 2006.
- Marusa, Danielle. "Do the right bling: Leslie Hall's gem sweaters are truly outrageous", Bust Magazine. February–March 2006. (scan)
- Riggs, Jonathan. "Beat Dazzler", Instinct Magazine. January 2006. (scan)
- Chase, Katie Johnston. "Bedazzled! Leslie Hall's collection of glittery sweaters is bold and bizarre -- just like the artist herself", The Boston Globe. May 24, 2005.
|This article on a United States-based pop music group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|