Lesotho Scout Association
|Lesotho Scout Association|
|Affiliation||World Organization of the Scout Movement|
As Lesotho is a small, mountainous country with difficult communication links, Scouting's growth is often difficult. Although the association is small, they have attended several World Jamborees. One Scout participated in the 19th World Jamboree in Chile in 1998.
In January 2016, Lesotho Scouts Association signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Scouting Ireland. The countries will participate in a partnership called Lumela-Fáilte, based on intercultural sharing. The partnership has been in progress since 2010, with Scouting Ireland supporting two Basotho Rover Scouts to attend the 2015 World Scout Jamboree in Japan.
- A Scout is to be trusted
- A Scout is loyal
- A Scout is friendly and considerate
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best to do my duty to God, to the king and my country, to help other people at all times and to obey the Scout laws.
- Scouting Ireland. "Signing of MOU". Facebook. Scouting Ireland. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
|This Lesotho-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Scouting or Guiding article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|