This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lester Holloway began his media career as a reporter for Eastern Eye, a weekly newspaper that was published by Ethnic Media Group, in 1999. He later became News Editor at The Voice, and then Editor at the news website Black Information Link, published by The 1990 Trust.
He was editor of the New Nation newspaper from January 2008 until January 2009, when the paper ceased production due to its parent company Ethnic Media Group going into administration. He was New Media Manager at the campaign group Operation Black Vote between June 2009 and March 2010, .
Prior to journalism, Holloway was a local authority councillor (Labour Party) in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, between 1994 and 1998, representing the College Park and Old Oak Ward. He left the Labour Party in 2000 after nine years, and is now a member of the Liberal Democrats. He currently lives in Sutton, Surrey, where he served as an elected councillor (Liberal Democrats) from 2010 to 2014.
Lester was until Autumn 2014 the Secretary to the Ethnic Minority Liberal Democrats, a grouping that exists to develop the education, participation and representation of ethnic minorities within the party.
- "Welcome minoritystudents.net - Justhost.com". Minoritystudents.net. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Paul McNally & Sally Newall, Potential buyers emerge for New Nation newspaper, Press Gazette, 223 January 2009.
- "Operation Black Vote's blog". Operationblackvote.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Biography on Archived 23 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Lester Holloway website.
- Ethnic Minority Liberal Democrats Archived 3 March 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Lester Holloway, "My letter to Boris Johnson over threat to destroy Scrubs Wood" Archived 23 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine., 7 September 2013.
- Lester Holloway website.
- Ian Burrell, Lester Holloway: 'Victim stories have had their day in black papers', The Independent, 5 May 2008
- Lester Holloway profile at The Guardian
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|