Let's Eat (TV series)
Promotional poster for Let's Eat
|Written by||Im Soo-mi|
|Directed by||Park Joon-hwa|
|Starring||Lee Soo-kyung |
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Production company(s)||CJ E&M|
|Original release||November 28, 2013– March 13, 2014|
|Followed by||Let's Eat 2|
Let's Eat (Hangul: 식샤를 합시다; RR: Siksyareul Habsida) is a South Korean television series starring Lee Soo-kyung, Yoon Doo-joon, Shim Hyung-tak and Yoon So-hee. It aired on tvN from November 28, 2013 to March 13, 2014. The series is about four single people who are brought together by their love of food.
Four single people: happily divorced paralegal Lee Soo-kyung (Lee Soo-kyung), mysterious gourmand Goo Dae-young (Yoon Doo-joon), design student and former rich girl Yoon Jin-yi (Yoon So-hee), and petty lawyer Kim Hak-moon (Shim Hyung-tak). Who enjoy living alone, except for that pesky problem that dining out is not designed for one. At Jin-yi's request, she, Soo-kyung and Dae-young start eating out together and thus get involved in each other's lives.
- Lee Soo-kyung as Lee Soo-kyung
- Yoon Doo-joon as Goo Dae-young
- Shim Hyung-tak as Kim Hak-moon
- Yoon So-hee as Yoon Jin-yi
- Lee Do-yeon as Oh Do-yeon
- Jang Won-young as Choi Kyu-sik
- Jung Soo-young as Park Kyung-mi
- Hong Eun-taek as Choi Deok-young
- Oh Kwang-suk (Feeldog) as Hyun Kwang-suk
- Choi Dae-sung as Laundromat boss
- Jung Tae-sung as Hak-moon's nephew
Guest and cameo appearances
- Park Young-seo as man on Soo-kyung's blind date (ep 1)
- Lee Yong-nyeo as Bae Mi-ja (ep 1)
- Lee Sang-woo as Kim Sung-soo, divorce client (ep 8)
- Nam Nung-mi as Soo-kyung's mother (ep 8-9)
- Kang Ye-bin as woman on Hak-moon's blind date (ep 9)
- Heo Gu-yeon as Dae-young's father (ep 10)
- Choi Phillip as Catholic church oppa, Soo-kyung's third ex-boyfriend (ep 11)
- Lee Yong-joo as basketball team captain, Soo-kyung's second ex-boyfriend (ep 11)
- Lee Yoon-mi as pet shop owner (ep 11)
- Nam Chang-hee as dog owner (ep 12)
- Sam Hammington as president of soy sauce crab restaurant (ep 12)
- Kim San-ho as Hak-moon's restaurant owner friend (ep 13)
- Choi Sung-joon as assailant (ep 14)
- Jung Eun-pyo as police officer (ep 14)
- Jung Kyung-ho as housing agency employee (ep 15)
- Lee Il-hwa as Kwang-suk's mother (ep 16)
- Uhm Hyun-kyung as restaurant customer eating delicious food (ep 16)
- Kim Hyun-sook as Lee Young-ae, cafe customer (ep 16)
- Ra Mi-ran as Manager Ra, cafe customer (ep 16)
- A unknown Siberian Husky that scared Mr. Kim (ep 12)
The drama features eating scenes of the characters who live alone. Park Joon-hwa, producer-director of the drama, said "The drama focuses on building relationships between strangers through having a meal and ultimately relieving their solitude. It portrays the process of how people improve relations via food", and further explained that "Korean dramas have lots of eating scenes in which conflict erupts or settles down".
|Episode #||Original broadcast date||Title||AGB Nielsen|
|1||28 November 2013||A Declaration of Living Alone||1.349%|
|2||5 December 2013||Getting to Know Your Neighbors||1.034%|
|3||12 December 2013||I Want to Be Alone. Everybody, Get Out!||1.135%|
|4||19 December 2013||Answer Me, Neighbors||1.168%|
|5||26 December 2013||Worry Over Money, Cry Over Money||1.237%|
|6||2 January 2014||Pride and Prejudice||1.401%|
|7||9 January 2014||Why Life Is Like Eating Dinner Alone||-|
|8||16 January 2014||Things That You Can See Only When You Quit||1.316%|
|9||23 January 2014||Mamma Mia||1.364%|
|10||30 January 2014||Gourmet Over Flowers||1.245%|
|11||6 February 2014||Everyone Who's Not in Love Now, Is Guilty||1.221%|
|12||13 February 2014||The Taste of Love... Bitter Sweet||1.121%|
|13||20 February 2014||The Man Who Only Looked at Me||1.366%|
|14||27 February 2014||She Has Disappeared||1.683%|
|15||6 March 2014||Your Silence||1.175%|
|16||13 March 2014||Still... Let's Eat||1.460%|
A second season titled Let's Eat 2 aired in 2015, but only Yoon Doo-joon reprised his role as Gu Dae-young, who moves to Sejong City and befriends new neighbors played by Seo Hyun-jin and Kwon Yul.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (11 November 2013). "Posters for Yoon Du Jun's Drama Let's Eat Revealed". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- "Will Be The Best Eating Drama Ever". KDramaStars. 26 November 2013. Retrieved 2014-10-10.
- MacDonald, Joan (14 February 2014). "Let's Eat Drama Creates Appetizing Dining Trend Among Singles". KDramaStars. Retrieved 2014-10-10.
- "Let's Eat: Series Review". Dramabeans. 17 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-10-10.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (27 February 2014). "B2ST Yoon Du Jun Gets Shy Over His Kiss Scene in Let's Eat". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (18 November 2013). "Yoon Du Jun Shares Microwave Recipe that Men Living Alone Use". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- Son, Bo-kyung (10 December 2013). "EXO's MV Girl Yoon So Hee Turns Out to be an Umchinddal". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- A character in One Warm Word.
- Characters in Rude Miss Young-ae.
- Chung, Ah-young (8 April 2014). "Eating vicariously? - Food-centric TV shows becoming hot trend". Korean Times. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- AGB 닐슨 미디어리서치 홈페이지 Archived June 19, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- This drama airs on a cable channel/pay TV which has a relatively small audience compared to free TV/public broadcasters (SBS, KBS, MBC).
- Hong, Grace Danbi (29 November 2013). "Ratings: Thurs, 11.28.13 The Heirs Tears Up & Passes 20% Again". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- Kwon, Ji-youn (20 April 2015). "Let's Eat actors playing just the right roles". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- Hong, Soo Jung (23 January 2015). "Let′s Eat 2 Confirms Cast with B2ST′s Yoon Du Jun, Seo Hyun Jin and More". eNewsWorld. Retrieved 10 May 2016.