Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls
|Publisher||Little, Brown and Company|
|April 23, 2013|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
|Preceded by||Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary|
Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls is a collection of narrative essays by David Sedaris. The book was released on April 23, 2013. It debuted at the Number One Spot on the New York Times Bestseller List. Sedaris has said the title was one he had considered for his previous book, Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk and was inspired by a fan's suggestion that he inscribe a book with a message along the lines of "explore your inner feelings: "I never write what people ask me so I said, 'I’ll keep the word explore' and I wrote, 'let’s explore diabetes with owls.' " 
Table of Contents
Disc 1 1-3 Understanding Understanding Owls 4-5 Dentists Without Borders 6-7 Attaboy 8-10 Memory Laps
Disc 2 1-3 A Friend in the Ghetto 4-6 Loggerheads 7-9 Easy, Tiger
Disc 3 1-3 Laugh, Kookaburra 4-5 Author, Author 6-8 Standing Still 9-12 A Guy Walks into a Bar Car
Disc 4 1-2 Obama!!!!! 3-5 Standing By 6-8 #2 to Go 9 Now Hiring Friendly People 10-12 Rubbish
Disc 5 1-3 Day In, Day Out 4-6 A Cold Case 7-9 The Happy Place
Disc 6 1 Think Differenter 2 Just a Quick E-mail 3 I Break for Traditional Marriage 4 Health-Care Freedoms and Why I Want my Country Back 5 Mind the Gap 6 If I Ruled the World 7 Dog Days
- Zaltzman, Helen (6 April 2014). "Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls review – recollections of a resolute outsider". The Observer. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls, by David Sedaris, review". The Daily Telegraph. 8 May 2013. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "Review: Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, By david Sedaris". The Independent. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls: David Sedaris: 9780316154697: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. 2013-04-23. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- Cowles, Gregory. "Best Sellers - The New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- Caitlyn Colford. "A conversation with David Sedaris: Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls" (interview in conjunction with publication of Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk), Huffington Post, 9 November 2010.