needs additional citations for verification
( July 2016) was the fifth and, until 2007, final original album by the Let's Make Up And Be Friendly Bonzo Dog Band. The group had already disbanded when United Artists Records (which absorbed the Bonzos' label Liberty Records) informed band members that the group owed the label one more album. This 1972 farewell album was the result. In 2007 the album was re-issued on CD by EMI with six bonus tracks, some of which were solo recordings by the members of the group.
"Rawlinson End", the longest track (at 9:07) on any Bonzos album, features the first official appearance of
Vivian Stanshall's character Sir Henry Rawlinson, whose exploits would later be expanded as a series of BBC Radio 1 sessions for the John Peel show as ; a Rawlinson End LP in 1978; and in 1984 a semi-sequel, Sir Henry at Rawlinson End ; a film, Sir Henry at N'didi’s Kraal (1980), and accompanying book; and a final cameo appearance in a 1994 commercial for Ruddles Real Ale with Sir Henry at Rawlinson End Dawn French.
This was their last album of new material featuring all original members until the band's reunion in 2006, by which time
Vivian Stanshall was deceased. A new studio album, (French for Pour l'Amour des Chiens For the Love of Dogs), was released in December 2007. The album is today controlled by the Parlophone unit of Warner Music Group.
The album was originally issued in
vinyl and in 8-track format.
There are a few differences between British and American versions:
UK: fades out at end
US: does not fade out and continues on past where UK's ends Track gaps
The UK album has a longer time gap between "Waiting for the Wardrobe" and "Straight from My Heart", and between "Bad Blood" and "Slush", than does the US one.
Sleeve notes [ edit ]
Together with the 1974
, the cover artwork for The History of the Bonzos Friendly features an image of the eponymous "Bonzo Dog".
Track listing (LP) [ edit ]
7. "Rawlinson End" Innes, Stanshall 9:31 8. "Don't Get Me Wrong" Stanshall, Innes 4:51 9. "Fresh Wound" Innes 4:25 10. "Bad Blood" Stanshall 5:10 11. "Slush" Innes 2:20
Track listing (8TK) [ edit ]
1. "The Strain" 2. "Rawlinson End"
1. "Don't Get Me Wrong" 2. "Bad Blood" 3. "Turkeys"
1. "Waiting For The Wardrobe" 2. "Rusty (Champion Thrust)" 3. "Slush"
1. "Fresh Wound" 2. "King Of Scurf" 3. "Straight From My Heart"
Track listing (CD) [ edit ]
12. "Sofa Head" Stanshall 13. "Jam" (by Topo D Bil) Tom E. Cross 3:12 14. "I Love To Bumpity Bump" (by Roger Ruskin Spear) Spear 2:36 15. "Lie Down & Be Counted" (by Neil Innes) Innes 3:10 16. "Bride Stripped Bare By 'Bachelors'" (early version) Innes, Stanshall 6:47 17. "No Matter Who You Vote For The Government Always Gets In" (demo) Innes, Stanshall 4:09
References [ edit ]