Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls
|Publisher||Little, Brown and Company|
|April 23, 2013|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
|Preceded by||Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary|
Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls is a collection of narrative essays by David Sedaris. The book was released on April 23, 2013. It debuted at the Number One Spot on the New York Times Bestseller List. Sedaris has said the title was one he had considered for his previous book, Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk and was inspired by a fan's suggestion that he inscribe a book with a message along the lines of "explore your inner feelings: "I never write what people ask me so I said, 'I’ll keep the word explore' and I wrote, 'let’s explore diabetes with owls.' " 
Table of Contents
- Dentists Without Borders
- Think Differenter
- Memory Laps
- A Friend in the Ghetto
- If I Ruled the World
- Easy, Tiger
- Laugh, Kookaburra
- Standing Still
- Just a Quick E-mail
- A Guy Walks into a Bar Car
- Author, Author
- Standing By
- I Break For Traditional Marriage
- Understanding Understanding Owls
- #2 to Go
- Health-Care Freedom and Why I Want My Country Back
- Now Hiring Friendly People
- Day In, Day Out
- Mind the Gap
- A Cold Case
- The Happy Place
- Dog Days
- Zaltzman, Helen (6 April 2014). "Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls review – recollections of a resolute outsider". The Observer. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls, by David Sedaris, review". The Daily Telegraph. 8 May 2013. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "Review: Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, By david Sedaris". The Independent. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls: David Sedaris: 9780316154697: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. 2013-04-23. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- Cowles, Gregory. "Best Sellers - The New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- Caitlyn Colford. "A conversation with David Sedaris: Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls" (interview in conjunction with publication of Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk), Huffington Post, 9 November 2010.