Let It Rain (Mark Chesnutt song)
|"Let It Rain"|
|Single by Mark Chesnutt|
|from the album Greatest Hits|
|B-side||"Goin' Through the Big D"|
|Released||March 25, 1997|
|Writer(s)||Mark Chesnutt, Roger Springer, Steve Leslie|
|Mark Chesnutt singles chronology|
"Let It Rain" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Mark Chesnutt. It was released in March 1997 as the second new single from his Greatest Hits album. The song reached number 8 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and peaked at number 16 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart. It was written by Chesnutt, Roger Springer and Steve Leslie.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that "from the gentle opening bars of the soft and pretty melody to the final hushed notes, this is a great song - definitely one of the best in Chesnutt's already highly distinguished career." She goes on to say that his performance is "superb, sweet, and loving - but never syrupy. The well crafted song also shows off his burning talents as a songwriter."
The music video was directed by Michael McNamara and premiered in mid-1997.
"Let It Rain" debuted at number seventy-three on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of March 15, 1997.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||16|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||8|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||73|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 92–93. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, March 29, 1997
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3228." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. June 9, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Mark Chesnutt – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Mark Chesnutt.
- "Best of 1997: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|