Let us create more revolutionary films based on socialist life
Let us create more revolutionary films based on socialist life is a June 18, 1970 talk by Kim Jong-il to writers and film directors in North Korea. The talk was also published in 1977 Korean language edition of Kim Jong-il's book On the Art of the Cinema, but was left unpublished in the 1989 English language edition of the book.
The talk is divided to four chapters:
- Problems of Great Social Importance Must Be Dealt With
- The Process of People's Revolutionization Must Be Described in Depth
- The Spirit of the Times Must Be Expressed Convincingly
- Originality Must Be Shown in Creation
- Kim, Jong-il (June 18, 1970). Let us create more revolutionary films based on socialist life (PDF). KFA. Archived from the original (PDF) on April 5, 2013. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- David-West, Alzo (January 2009). "The Literary Ideas of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il: An Introduction to North Korean Meta-Authorial Perspectives" (PDF). Cultural Logic. 12: 15. ISSN 1097-3087. Retrieved April 6, 2015.