Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
415 lb (188 kg)
Lethal: 210 lb (95 kg) & Creed:205 lb (93 kg)
|Debut||August 7, 2008|
|Disbanded||March 29, 2010|
Lethal Consequences was a professional wrestling tag team in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). The team consisted of Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed. The team name was a portmanteau of the ring names of Lethal and Creed.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (2008-2010)
Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed were both wrestling in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA)'s X Division in the summer of 2008. They began teaming with each other, during that same time. They first teamed on August 7, 2008 edition of Impact!, defeating the Motor City Machineguns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley).
TNA Front Line; World Tag Team Champions (2009)
The two did not properly team, until November 2008, when a heroic group called The TNA Front Line was formed to oppose Main Event Mafia, a villainous group. Lethal and Creed joined Front Line and became a permanent tag team. The team was initially known simply by their ring names. At Final Resolution in December 2008, Lethal won one of the Feast or Fired briefcases in the Feast or Fired match. The briefcase contained a TNA World Tag Team Championship shot. On January 8, 2009 episode of Impact!, Lethal cashed in his title shot, by teaming with his tag team partner, Creed. They were booked to defeat the champions Beer Money, Inc. (Robert Roode and James Storm) for the TNA Tag Team Titles; this episode however taped on December 16, 2008. At Genesis, they lost the titles back to Beer Money in a 3-Way Dance, also involving Matt Morgan and Abyss.
During this time, Motor City Machineguns left Frontline, beginning a feud between with the newly renamed "Lethal Consequences" and Machineguns. On February 5 episode of Impact!, Lethal Consequences had a match with Machineguns. During Creed's entrance, he was attacked by Beer Money, causing to be replaced by Eric Young, with whom Lethal won the match. At Against All Odds, Beer Money defeated Lethal Consequences to retain the TNA World Tag Team Championship, due to Creed's shoulder injury.
Feud with Suicide and Dissolution (2009-2010)
In March 2009, Lethal Consequences and Machineguns continued their rivalry, as they exchanged victories in tag matches. They would also battle for the latter team's one half, Alex Shelley's TNA X Division Championship, which would be won by Suicide. Suicide successfully retained the X Division Title against both teams in an Ultimate X match at Destination X, an Xscape match at Lockdown and a King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary. For the rest of the year through early 2010, Lethal and Creed became tag team and X-division jobbers, losing to teams like the Motor City Machine Guns and X-division matches involving many competitors. Creed was released from TNA Wrestling on March 29, 2010, marking the end of Lethal Consequences.
- Double team finishing moves
- Double team signature moves
- Military press (Lethal) / Springboard bulldog (Creed) combination
- Vertical suplex (Lethal) / Diving crossbody (Creed) combination
Championships and accomplishments
- "Lethal Consequences at Online World of Wrestling". Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- Sokol, Chris (August 8, 2008). "Impact: Weapons galore en route to Hard Justice". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "Final Resolution (December 2008) Results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- Sokol, Chris (January 9, 2009). "Impact: Mafia shatters an ankle before Genesis". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "Genesis 2009 Results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- Sokol, Chris; Sokol, Bryan (February 6, 2009). "Impact: A final build to Against All Odds". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "Against All Odds 2009 Results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- Sokol, Chris (February 13, 2009). "Impact: Sting and Angle clash". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Sokol, Chris; Sokol, Bryan (February 20, 2009). "Impact: Mafia Melee". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "Destination X 2009 Results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- "Lockdown 2009 Results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- "Slammiversary 2009 Results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- Caldwell, James (2010-03-29). "TNA News: X Division wrestler released from TNA, wrestler comments on his release". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- Lansdell, Chris (2009-04-19). "411's TNA Lockdown Report 04.19.09". 411Mania. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- Boutwell, Josh (2009-04-24). "Impact Results - 4/23/09". WrestleView. Retrieved 2009-10-13.