He is said to have been born around 625, in Bassigny, to Gundoin and Saratrude of the Etichonids, a family of the Austrasian nobility. His sister was Saint Salaberge, who founded the monastery at Laon. He founded also the Abbey of Étival (Stivagium, Abbaye Saint-Pierre d'Étival), dated to 663 and the Abbey of Othonville, and died around 678.
- Paul Burns (2000), Butler's Lives of the Saints, p. 101.
- Leudovinus, Leudvinus, Leudvin, Leudin, Lendin, Saint Bodo, Saint Bodon.
- OSB. Saints of the Order of Saint Benedict. 1/4
- "Page 3 - Le diocèse de Saint-Dié". Archived from the original on 2007-07-12. Retrieved 2011-12-07. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Nancy
- fr:Abbaye Saint-Pierre d'Étival
- Now Étival-Clairefontaine, Vosges;"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-10-10. Retrieved 2007-10-31. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), .
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-12-24. Retrieved 2007-10-31. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- , in French.