Leuzinger High School
|Leuzinger High School|
|Motto||Citius, altius, fortius|
|School district||Centinela Valley Union High School District|
|Color(s)||Blue and White|
|Address||4118 West Rosecrans Ave.
Lawndale, CA 90260-1601
Leuzinger High School is a public high school (9th through 12th grades) in Lawndale, California. It opened on January 27, 1931, with an enrollment of 268. It was named after Adolph Leuzinger in recognition of his 25 years of service on the Board of Trustees of the Inglewood Union High School District. The school is in the Centinela Valley Union High School District.
Leuzinger High had an enrollment of 1,726 as of the 2013-14 school year. 
Faculty and administration
For many years Leuzinger High School was considered to be another typical inner city school known for producing athletes such as Kei Kamara, Marvcus Patton and Russell Westbrook. However over the past few years Leuzinger High School has consistently shown academic growth spurts, this is largely a result of the ever growing faculty and administration. As of 2015 the Administration is headed by principal Dr Pamela Brown, and associate principals Ms. Grace Yang, Dr. Howard Ho, and Dr. Karma Nicolis. This administration along with departed principal Mr. Mike Ono and the esteemed faculty have helped Leuzinger High School reach for their academic potential.
As Leuzinger's first senior class graduated while the 1932 Summer Olympics were hosted in and around nearby Los Angeles, the school's mascot became the "Olympians". Leuzinger was granted authorization for the school to use the Olympic name and Olympic rings trademark. In turn, the campus of the "Olympians" also provided staging for aspects of the 1932 Olympics; facilities for the use of competitors, including a shooting range, and a bowling alley, were constructed under the main building. On September 8, 1936, a women's gym with an Olympic-size swimming pool was begun. However eventual earthquake damage, combined with tougher safety codes and remodeling opportunities, required this Olympic pool's removal.[when?]
Famous and notable graduates of Leuzinger High School include:
- Mike Anderson, mayor of Sedro-Woolley, Washington
- Don August, Major League Baseball player, Milwaukee Brewers
- George Foster, class of 1967, Cincinnati Reds outfielder
- Mike Gin, mayor of Redondo Beach, California
- Ross Jeffries, Speed Seduction guru
- Kei Kamara, New England Revolution striker
- Don L. McCoy, Emmy winning visual effects artist Frank Herbert's Children of Dune Mini-series
- Marvcus Patton, linebacker UCLA, Buffalo Bills, played in four Super Bowls
- Ronald Sugar, CEO of Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder guard
- Jeri Westerson, author of medieval mysteries
- Delon Wright, Toronto Raptors guard
- Dorell Wright, Portland Trail Blazers guard-forward
- Gyasi Zardes, Forward for the Los Angeles Galaxy
-  "Johann Jakob Leuzinger (1838-1906), Adolph Leuzinger (1859-1931), a.nd Leuzinger High School"
- Leuzinger High School NCES
- Leuzinger High School http://www.leuzinger.org. Missing or empty
-  "Shouting Over A Quiet Man," Sports Illustrated, July 19, 1976
- Teetor, Paul (June 3, 2009). "Mike Gin, Redondo Beach’s Chinese-American, Rotarian, Gay Mayor". LA Weekly. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
-  "The Rap Trap," Metro, Aug. 13-19, 1998
-  "Kamara gives back to Leuzinger," Pure Preps, Jan. 15, 2009
-  "This General Patton Plays Linebacker for the UCLA Bruins and Hits Like a Tank," L.A. Times, Aug. 31, 1989
-  "Northrop Grumman's Ronald Sugar: Quietly in command," L.A. Times, July 5, 2009
-  UCLA Basketball, Russell Westbrook profile
- Jeri Westerson
- "Delon Wright Utah Utes bio". Utah Utes. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
-  "Prospect Profile: Dorell Wright," NBA Draft 2004
- Peltz, Jim (July 2, 2013). "Galaxy rookie Gyasi Zardes is considered a diamond in the rough". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 8, 2014.