Levent Yüksel in a concert in Istanbul 2014
October 21, 1964 |
|Instruments||Bass Guitar, guitar, double bass, piano, oud, bağlama, percussion, cümbüş|
Levent's interest in arts and music started in an early age. He started to play violin at the age of five. During his elementary and primary education, he sang in school events. Then he started singing in family and friends' wedding ceremonies. After graduation, he moved from the coastal city Antalya to the city of art, Istanbul, to study music in the Istanbul University State Conservatory (İstanbul Devlet Konservatuarı), and learned to play bass guitar and perform vocals.
During the beginning of 1990s, Levent was known to be one of the best Bass Guitar players in Turkey. In the year 1993, he released his first album as a pop singer, Med Cezir. The album made a dramatic change in Turkey's pop music taste, as it provided a new voice that has great capability mixed with new style of music. Although he released only 8 music albums as of 2015, his music is spread all over the world and copied in different languages. Young singers and bands starting their music career use his songs in their performances. Jennifer Lopez's hit On the Floor released in the year 2011 was inspired by the main music theme and melody of Levent's 1996 hit "Zalim". The melody of this song was also copied in several ad campaigns worldwide.
- 1993: Med Cezir "Tide"
- 1995: Levent Yüksel'in 2. CD'si "Levent Yüksel's 2nd CD"
- 1998: Adı Menekşe "Her name is Violet"
- 2000: Aşkla "with Love"
- 2004: Uslanmadım "I did not settle down"
- 2006: Kadın Şarkıları "Songs by Women"
- 2009: Sıfır Km "Brand-new"
- 2012: Topyekûn "Altogether"
- 1996: Zalim "Cruel"
- 1998: Bi Daha "Again"
- 1997: Bi Daha "Again"
- 2010: Aşk Mümkün Müdür Hala "Is Love Still Possible?"
- Levent Yüksel on Facebook
- Levent Yüksel at the Internet Movie Database
- Levent Yüksel's page on JollyJoker, Ankara best music stage