Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence
The Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence (CFI) is an interdisciplinary research centre within the University of Cambridge that studies artificial intelligence. It is funded by the Leverhulme Trust.
The Centre brings together academics from the fields of computer science, philosophy, social science and others. The centre works with the Oxford Martin School at the University of Oxford, Imperial College London, and the University of California, Berkeley and has a memorandum of understanding with the Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs at the Australian National University.
The CFI research is structured in a series of programmes and research exercises. The topics of the programmes range from algorithmic transparency to exploring the implications of AI for democracy.
- AI: Futures and Responsibility
- AI: Trust and Society
- Kinds of Intelligence
- AI: Narrative and Justice
- Philosophy and Ethics of AI
- Centre for the Study of Existential Risk
- Future of Humanity Institute
- Future of Life Institute
- Machine Intelligence Research Institute
- "The future of intelligence: Cambridge University launches new centre to study AI and the future of humanity". University of Cambridge. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- Care, Adam. "Cambridge University launches £10 million AI research centre, to 'move away from science fiction'". Cambridge News. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "About". lcfi.ac.uk. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "Bell School signs MoU with Cambridge University AI centre". Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, ANU. October 5, 2018.
- "Programmes". lcfi.ac.uk. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- Whipple, Tom (10 April 2019). "Forget chess, build a robot that can outwit a chicken". The Times. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "AIs go up against animals in an epic competition to test intelligence". New Scientist. 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- Crosby, Matthew. "Animal-AI Olympics". animalaiolympics.com.
|This article relating to the University of Cambridge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about futures studies or futurology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|