Lewa Airport with departure lounge and plane on stand
|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Serves||Lewa Wildlife Conservancy|
|Location||Lewa Downs, Kenya|
|Elevation AMSL||5,500 ft / 1,700 m|
Its location is approximately 198 kilometres (123 mi), by air, north of Nairobi International Airport, the country’s largest civilian airport. The geographic coordinates of Lewa Airport are: 0° 11' 34.00"N, 37° 28' 21.00"E (Latitude:0.192778; Longitude:37.472500).
Lewa Airport is a small civilian airport, serving Lewa Wildlife Conservancy and surrounding communities. Situated at 5,500 feet (1,700 m) above sea level, the airport has an unpaved runway that measures 4,100 feet (1,200 m) in length.
Airlines and destinations
|Safarilink||Maasai Mara, Nairobi–Wilson|
- Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
- Isiolo District
- Eastern Province (Kenya)
- Kenya Airports Authority
- Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
- List of airports in Kenya
- "Distance between Lewa (Eastern) and Jomo Kenyatta Airport Nairobi (Nairobi Area) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "KE-6885 pilot info @ OurAirports". www.ourairports.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Airports in Kenya". www.aircraft-charter-world.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.