Capaldi in January 2018
|Born||7 October 1996|
Capaldi learned to play the guitar when he was 9, and began his musical career singing in pubs aged 12. He released his debut extended play recording Bloom EP on 20 October 2017, where he worked with Grammy Award-winning producer Malay a long time collaborator of Frank Ocean.
Capaldi rose to prominence following the self release of his first track 'Bruises' on 31 March 2017. The song quickly amassed close to 28 million plays on Spotify worldwide making him the fastest ever unsigned artist to reach 25 million plays on the platform. Shortly afterward, he was signed to Virgin Records and Capitol Records.
In late 2017, Capaldi was named as one of Vevo dscvr 'Artists to Watch 2018'. Capaldi was also long-listed for BBC Music’s Sound of 2018. He was joined on the list by music stars such as Sigrid, Khalid and Billie Eilish.
He supported Rag N Bone Man on his European tour in November 2017, Milky Chance on their North American leg of the “Blossom” tour in January 2018. He has attracted attention from a wide range of celebrity supporters including Chloë Grace Moretz, Kygo, James Bay, Ellie Goulding  and Niall Horan  all of which have voiced their support. Subsequently, Horan invited Capaldi to support him at two dates on his Flicker World Tour at the Glasgow SEC Armadillo in March 2018. In May 2018 Capaldi joined Sam Smith on his Thrill of It All European tour opening for Smith over 19 dates. He followed this by announcing a 4th headline UK & European tour, this time playing 2000 capacity venues across the UK and Europe, including two nights at Glasgow's Barrowland Ballroom, both shows sold out within minutes of going on sale.
On 13 July 2018 Capaldi was named as one of two acts in BBC Radio 1's prestigious 'Brit list', guaranteeing him three successive incremental Radio 1 playlist places. In August 2018, Irish Indie rock band Kodaline invited Capaldi to open for them at a concert in Belfast. In addition to this, Capaldi was included in the line-ups for many festivals during the summer of 2018, including: Lollapolooza, Bonnaroo, Firefly, Mountain Jam, Osheaga, Reading & Leeds Festival, Rize and TRNSMT.
Capaldi's second extended play Breach was released on 8 Nov 2018, which included previously released singles 'Tough' and 'Grace', along with new songs 'Someone You Loved' and a demo of 'Something Borrowed'. Zane Lowe premiered 'Someone You Loved' on Apple's Beats 1 radio on the day of release. 
To date, Capaldi has played 4 sold out back-to-back tours, and in his first 10 months of touring sold 60,000 headline tickets.
Awards and nominations
|2018||Scottish Alternative Music Awards||Best Acoustic Act||Won|
|2018||Scottish Music Awards||Breakthrough Artist of the Year||Won|
|2018||BBC Music||Sound of 2018||Included|
|2018||Vevo 'dscvr'||Artists to Watch 2018||Included|
|2018||BBC Radio 1||Brit List||Included|
|2018||Great Scot Awards||Breakthrough Award||Won|
|2018||Forth Awards||Rising Star Award||Won|
|2019||MTV||One's To Watch 2019||Included|
|2019||Brit Awards||Critics Choice Award||Included|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Lost On You"||—||—||—||—|
(featuring Jessie Reyez)
|"Someone You Loved"||100||67||84||87|
- Alan Zycinski, Who is Lewis Capaldi? The Bruises singer dubbed Scotland's Ed Sheeran supporting Sam Smith and Kodaline on his European Tour, The Scottish Sun, 22 February 2018 https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2269657/lewis-capaldi-bruises-ed-sheeran-sam-smith-tour
- "5 Songs You Need To Listen To This Week". Time. 20 October 2017. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Lewis Capaldi Announces 'Bloom' EP".
- "ICYMI: Lewis Capaldi Emanates Genuine Longing and Heartbreak In "Fade" / Ones To Watch".
- "Lewis Capaldi - Fade (Listen) - Mahogany". 6 October 2017.
- "Excited to welcome @LewisCapaldi to the #CapitolFamily! Stay tuned for new music dropping tonight pic.twitter.com/UU0lfoyM7f". Capitol Records.[non-primary source needed]
- "vevo dscvr - Lewis Capaldi". dscvr.vevo.com. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- Capaldi, Lewis. "Haha class! Cheers for sharing the tune @elliegoulding x".[non-primary source needed]
- Horan, Niall. "Lewis Capaldi - Lost On You (Live) huge fan of this man".[non-primary source needed]
- Lewis Capaldi [@lewiscapaldi] (26 February 2018). "so buzzing to be asked by @Kodaline to open for them! Will be my first ever time in Belfast! X" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Lewis Capaldi on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Lewis Capaldi". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Bloom - EP by Lewis Capaldi". Apple Music. 20 October 2017. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Lewis Capaldi | full Official Chart history". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- "IRMA – Irish Charts". Irish Recorded Music Association. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "Sverigetopplistan – Sveriges Officiella Topplista". Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "Discographie Lewis Capaldi" (in German). Swiss Hitparade. Retrieved 24 November 2018.