Lewis Center, Ohio
Its ZIP code is 43035. Although Lewis Center is a small community, its ZIP code encompasses a number of shopping centers and retail establishments that line U.S. Route 23 in the nearby vicinity. The Lewis Center area lies on the east side of the Olentangy River, across from the city of Powell, west of Alum Creek State Park and north of the Polaris shopping hub. It is located in the Olentangy Local School District.
Lewis Center has a population of 26,856 with an average population density of 1371 people per square mile. The median age in Lewis Center is 33.6, slightly below the United States average of 36.8. The median per capita income in Lewis Center is $47,120. Lewis Center is also home of the Olentangy School District, one of Ohio's highest scoring school districts.
Lewis Center was founded around 1850 when the railroad was extended to that point. The community was named after the family of William L. Lewis, who gave their land for a railroad station in exchange for the naming rights. A post office called Lewis Centre was established in 1852, and the name was changed to Lewis Center in 1893.
- Frederick S. Nave, Arizona territorial judge
- Frank B. Willis, Governor of Ohio from 1915 to 1917
- Joshua Perry, former NFL player, current resident
- Kenny Anunike, Member of the Denver Broncos 2016 Super Bowl team
- Zac Kerin, Member of the Tennessee Titans NFL team
- Bryce Cheek, former NFL player
- "Lewis Center, Ohio". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Zip 43035 (Lewis Center, OH) People". bestplaces.net. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- "Lewis Center, OH Demographics and Population Statistics - NeighborhoodScout". neighborhoodscout.com. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- "2020 Olentangy Local School District Rankings". Niche. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- History of Delaware County and Ohio. O. L. Baskin & Company. 1880. pp. 479.
- "Delaware County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
|This Delaware County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|