|Full name||Lewis John Spencer Edge|
|Date of birth||12 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Lancaster, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2006||→ Worksop Town (loan)||1||(0)|
|2006||→ Rochdale (loan)||0||(0)|
|2006||→ Bury (loan)||1||(0)|
|2007||→ Rochdale (loan)||0||(0)|
|2008||→ Northwich Victoria||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Prior to his football career, Edge played cricket for Morecambe Cricket Club. After numerous match-saving performances, he was recruited by Cumberland County Cricket Club, and played a part in their victory over Lancashire County Cricket Club. Edge was awarded the man-of-the-match award in the victory over Lancashire. Before joining the world of football, Edge was rated as one of the best young wicket keepers/batsmen in the country.
His father, David Edge, was a wicket keeper/batsman and goalkeeper.
When he made his debut as a 16-year-old for Blackpool's reserve team on 21 August 2003, he was still playing cricket for Morecambe, and he made his first-team debut for Blackpool on 8 May 2004, whilst still a member of Blackpool's youth team, against Bristol City. Although Blackpool lost the match, Edge denied Lee Peacock three times and he won the man-of-the-match award. Since then, Edge has had to wait in the reserve team, with the odd appearance for the first team. On 18 January 2005, Edge, who was still a member of the club's youth team, made his debut in the FA Cup against Leicester City when Brad Jones, on loan from Middlesbrough, was cup-tied and both Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard and Lee Jones were unfit. It was also his first appearance for the first team at Bloomfield Road. 
On 17 February 2006, Edge went on loan to Conference North club, Worksop Town, on work experience with his due to continue training with Blackpool but play for Worksop. However, after just one match he returned to Blackpool on 22 February after Worksop received clearance for Andy Jeffery to play.
In March 2006 Edge received his first professional contract when he was one of four youth-squad players offered one-year contracts with an option for a further year. He went on loan to Rochdale in July 2006, initially until January 2007, but he was recalled on 18 August after an injury to Blackpool's Lee Jones. He also had a short loan spell at Bury whom he signed for on loan on 14 October 2006. He was recalled after just over two weeks, on 31 October.
He then returned on loan to Rochdale on 31 January 2007, until the end of the season, but he was recalled again on 29 March.
In April 2007, Edge suffered ligament damage that prevented him from getting some first-team games under his belt after concurrent injuries to Blackpool's other goalkeepers, Rhys Evans and then on-loan Paul Rachubka. Blackpool manager Simon Grayson brought in Manchester City's Joe Hart on loan as an emergency stand-in. On 29 May he received the club's "Young Player of the Year" award at Blackpool's annual presentation night held at Bloomfield Road. On 25 January 2008, he signed a one-month loan deal with Conference National club Northwich Victoria. On 7 May he was released by Blackpool.
On 21 October 2008 Edge signed for League Two club Morecambe on a two-month contract, joining his father at the club. He was an unused substitute later that day as the Shrimps lost 3–1 to Brentford at Griffin Park.
- League One play-off final winner: 2006–07
- Runner up in the 2017 Brick Lane Table Tennis Championship
North West Darts championship runner up - 2015 / 2016 / 2017
- "Reserves missing knockout punch". Blackpool Gazette. 21 August 2003. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "1st XI – Players & Coaches – Lewis Edge – Morecambe Cricket Club". Morecambe Cricket Club. 12 January 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Grayson's day to make his mark". Blackpool Gazette. 10 May 2004. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "Leicester rocket brings sad Pool down to earth". Blackpool Gazette. 19 January 2005. Retrieved 26 January 2008.
- "Lewis Returns to Bloomfield". Blackpool F.C. 22 February 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "Pool Offer Four Youth Players Professional Contracts". Blackpool F.C. 31 March 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "Pool to sell skipper clarke". Blackpool Gazette. 2 August 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "Urgent Talks". Blackpool Gazette. 18 August 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "Pool Keeper Becomes A Shaker". Blackpool F.C. 14 October 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "Simon Grayson Looks Back on Tuesday's Game". Blackpool F.C. 31 October 2006. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- Simpson, Steve; Moore, Andy (1 February 2007). "Jeepers keepers". Blackpool Gazette. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "It's Make Or Break Time". Blackpool Gazette. 14 April 2007. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "Presentation Night". Blackpool F.C. 30 May 2007. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- Simpson, Andrew (25 January 2008). "Vics find the Edge". Northwich Guardian. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- "Retained List Latest". Blackpool F.C. 7 May 2008. Archived from the original on 25 July 2008. Retrieved 7 May 2008.
- "Shrimps have new Edge". Morecambe F.C. 21 October 2008. Retrieved 21 October 2008.
- "Match report, Brentford vs Morecambe". Morecambe F.C. 21 October 2008. Retrieved 21 October 2008.
- "New Keeper For Fylde". NonLeagueDaily.com. 2 November 2009. Retrieved 20 May 2012.