||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)|
|Full name||Lewis Peter Price|
|Date of birth||19 July 1984|
|Place of birth||Bournemouth, England|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2004||→ Cambridge United (loan)||6||(0)|
|2008||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||2||(0)|
|2009||→ Luton Town (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Brentford (loan)||13||(0)|
|2014||→ Mansfield Town (loan)||4||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Crawley Town (loan)||18||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:03, 9 July 2015 (UTC).
Lewis Peter Price (born 19 July 1984) is a Welsh international footballer, who plays for Sheffield Wednesday as a goalkeeper. He has previously played for Derby County, Ipswich Town and Crystal Palace
Price was born in Bournemouth, but graduated through the Ipswich Town youth system. He became known for stepping in for Kelvin Davis during the 2004–05 season and saving a penalty against Coventry. After Davies returned from injury, Price played for Cambridge United on loan for part of the season. Davis departed at the end of the 2004–05 season, with Price contesting Shane Supple to be first choice goalkeeper.
He then started nearly every game ahead of first choice keeper Shane Supple. In the 2006–07 season, just a week after Petr Čech and Carlo Cudicini sustained horrific injuries which brought up an argument that goalkeepers need more protection, Price was injured in Ipswich's 3–1 victory over Southend United. Price had to be stretchered off after colliding with Matt Harrold.
Despite playing well for Ipswich when called upon, the arrival of Neil Alexander at Ipswich meant Price's future was destined to be away from Portman Road.
Price made his debut for Derby against Liverpool on 26 December, after Stephen Bywater was injured in the warm-up and went on to start the next eight league and cup matches before the signing of Roy Carroll ended his run in the first team. In the FA Cup third round replay between Derby and Sheffield Wednesday, Price made two penalty saves helping Derby to victory in a penalty shootout.
Price signed for Milton Keynes Dons on an emergency one-month loan on 27 October 2008, and made his debut the next day in the Dons 2–1 Football League One victory over Leyton Orient. He returned to Derby but, again, could not supplant teammates Stephen Bywater and Roy Carroll from the goalkeepers spot and joined Luton Town on a one-month loan on 2 February 2009. During his time at Luton he played only twice because of a groin injury, but impressed in those two games, helping Luton to the Football League Trophy final at Wembley Stadium, making two penalty saves against Brighton. Price joined League One side Brentford on a season-long loan deal on 8 July 2009. He made 18 appearances for Brentford, but didn't make an appearance after January due to the arrival of Wojciech Szczęsny, who was on loan from Arsenal F.C. at the time. Upon his return to Derby at the end of the 2009–10 season, it was announced that his contract would not be renewed and he left the club with just nine appearances in his three-years there.
After leaving the Rams, Price signed a 3-year contract to join Crystal Palace as understudy to Julián Speroni. He made his Palace debut in March against Burnley after Speroni had suffered an injury. On 22 May 2015, it was announced that Price would not be offered a new contract by Palace at the end of the 2014–15 season.
On 17 November 2014, Price signed on loan with League One club Crawley Town until 20 December. At the end of his loan spell he returned to Crystal Palace but on 16 January 2015 it was announced that he had rejoined Crawley until the end of the season.
Following his release from Crystal Palace, he signed a one-year contract with Championship side Sheffield Wednesday.. He has only made limited appearances and due to the emergence of academy product Joe Wildsmith, Price found himself as the third choice goalkeeper.
Price received his first call-up to the full Wales international squad for a friendly against Slovenia on 17 August 2005, but missed out on his first cap after he was forced to withdraw with a knee injury. He then made his debut against Cyprus on 17 November 2005. He won the last of his 11 caps in a 2–0 2014 World Cup qualifying defeat to Croatia on 16 October 2012.
- "Hendrie & Price released". dcfc.co.uk. 13 May 2010.
- "Lewis Price joins Mansfield Town". www.mansfieldtown.net. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Coventry 1-2 Ipswich". BBC. 3 October 2004. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Lewis Price | Football Stats | Sheffield Wednesday | Age 31 | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Lewis Price | Football Stats | Sheffield Wednesday | Season 2005/2006 | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Price completes transfer to Derby". BBC Sport. 27 July 2007. Retrieved 27 July 2007.
- "Lewis Price | Football Stats | Sheffield Wednesday | Season 2007/2008 | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Price is right for Robby". MK Dons. 27 October 2008. Archived from the original on 19 February 2012. Retrieved 27 October 2008.
- "Lewis Price | Football Stats | Sheffield Wednesday | Season 2008/2009 | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Rams Keeper Joins Luton in loan deal". therams.co.uk. 2 February 2009. Archived from the original on 5 February 2009. Retrieved 2 February 2009.
- "Port Vale v Luton". Sky Sports. 27 February 2009. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Brentford Confirm Price Signing". Vital Football. 8 July 2009. Retrieved 8 July 2009.
- "Lewis Price | Football Stats | Sheffield Wednesday | Season 2009/2010 | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Lewis Price | Football Stats | Sheffield Wednesday | Season 2010/2011 | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Five Players To Be Released By Palace". cpfc.co.uk. 22 May 2015. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Price Rejoins Crawley Town". Crystal Palace F.C. Official Website. 16 January 2015. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Owls snap up international goalkeeper". Sheffield Wednesday FC. 9 July 2015. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "Toshack's lament over Price's absence". walesonline. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Lewis Price". 11v11.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Lewis Price career statistics at Soccerbase
- Derby County F.C. official player page
- Ipswich Town F.C. official player page