Lewis Township, Clay County, Indiana
Location of Lewis Township in Clay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||44.22 sq mi (114.5 km2)|
|• Land||44.05 sq mi (114.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.17 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||548 ft (167 m)|
|• Density||33.2/sq mi (12.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453548|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 44.22 square miles (114.5 km2), of which 44.05 square miles (114.1 km2) (or 99.62%) is land and 0.17 square miles (0.44 km2) (or 0.38%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Perry Township (north)
- Harrison Township (northeast)
- Smith Township, Greene County (southeast)
- Wright Township, Greene County (south)
- Jackson Township, Sullivan County (west)
- Pierson Township, Vigo County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Oak Grove, Old Union and Sanders.
- "Lewis Township, Clay County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 83.