Lewis Wetzel Wildlife Management Area
|Lewis Wetzel Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Entrance to Lewis Wetzel WMA along CR 82
|Elevation||785 ft (239.3 m) |
|Area||13,590 acres (5,499.7 ha) |
|Owner||West Virginia Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Jacksonburg, West Virginia|
Lewis Wetzel Wildlife Management Area (WMA) is located in Wetzel County, West Virginia, USA, about 0.75 miles (1.21 km) south of Jacksonburg on County Route 82. It is located on 13,590 acres (5,500 ha) of steep terrain with narrow valleys and ridgetops. The WMA second growth mixed hardwoods and hemlock with a thick understory of mountain laurel and rhododendron.
Hunting and fishing
Rustic camping is available seasonally in the WMA. A 100-yard (91 m) shooting range is also available.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Lewis Wetzel WMA, retrieved October 31, 2008
- "Lewis Wetzel WMA page". WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- West Virginia DNR District 1 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations
- WVDNR map of Lewis Wetzel Wildlife Management Area