Lewisham railway station, Sydney
Eastbound view from Platform 2 in October 2006
|Location||Railway Terrace, Lewisham|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||6.25 kilometres from Central|
|Rebuilt||19 December 1891|
As part of the 1892 work, the northern side platform was converted to an island platform and a new platform constructed on the most northern line. The former was trimmed back to a single platform, and the latter demolished as part of the 1927 works. In September 1990, Lewisham closed for three months as the first station that CityRail upgraded.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||services to Homebush
limited services to Liverpool & Campbelltown
Sydney Buses operate one route via Lewisham station:
- Lewisham Station NSWrail.net
- "NSW Railway Passenger Services 1880-1905" Australian Railway History Vol 56 No 810 April 2005 page 141
- "Sydney Electric Trains from 1926-1960" Australian Railway Historical Society Bulletin April 2001 page 128
- "Lewisham" Railway Digest February 1990 page 48
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "Route 413 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 28 January 2015.
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW
- Light Rail information NSW Transport Information