Immers training with Feyenoord in 2014
|Full name||Alexander Ricard Immers|
|Date of birth||8 June 1986|
|Place of birth||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Forward|
|ADO Den Haag|
|2007–2012||ADO Den Haag||145||(25)|
|2016||→ Cardiff City (loan)||15||(5)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 October 2016 (UTC).
Born in The Hague, Immers played for numerous clubs from The Hague in his youth, including amateurs LENS and Vredenburch. He also had a spell at DSO from Zoetermeer. ADO was impressed by his abilities, and he signed a contract with them, starting in the club's reserves. He made his professional debut on 24 August 2007, in the 2–2 away match against RKC Waalwijk.
ADO Den Haag
He made his debut from a substitute in the 74th minute for Yuri Cornelisse. A week later, he renewed his contract with ADO, and signed for an additional period of two years. He soon became a reliable force in the club from his hometown. Immers is also well known for his great love for ADO Den Haag. He has a tattoo on his back, with a stork, the symbol of the city of The Hague and of the club.
On 21 March 2011, Immers was fined by ADO for remarks about Jews (the nickname of Ajax supporters) made at the ADO supportershome after a 3–2 victory over AFC Ajax. The incident was caught on video and published on the internet. Immers apologized for his remarks on the ADO website.
On 5 June 2012, Immers moved to Feyenoord for an undisclosed fee, believed to be approximately €1m and also trading in Feyenoord's youngster Kevin Jansen. Under contract with Feyenoord until 2016, Immers was handed the number 10 jersey. With the number 10 jersey he will replace former number 10 John Guidetti. On October 24, 2013 it was announced that Feyenoord hired Immers the first two years to avoid paying an agency commission.
Immers joined Cardiff City on loan on 21 January 2016. He scored his first goal for the club on 30 January 2016 in a 3–2 win at Huddersfield Town. Immers went on to score 5 goals in 15 games for the Bluebirds, as they narrowly missed out on a play-off place. He went on to agree a 2-year deal at Cardiff City Stadium, with the deal being completed on 1 July 2016 upon the opening of the summer transfer window.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
|2007–08||ADO Den Haag||Eerste Divisie||31||6||1||1||-||-||7||2||39||9|
|2012–13||Feyenoord (on loan)||32||12||4||3||-||4||0||-||42||15|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe1||Other2||Total|
- Statistics accurate as of last match played on 19 October 2016.
2 Includes the Eredivisie playoffs matches.
- RKC Waalwijk v. ADO Den Haag at VI.nl (Dutch)
- ADO bindt drietal amateurs (Dutch)
- "Dutch soccer player sorry for offensive chant". USA Today. Associated Press. 21 March 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "ADO player apologises for chant". ESPN. 21 March 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "ADO The Hague sorry for offensive chants, likely to be fined by club". Google. Associated Press. 21 March 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
-  (Dutch)
- "Lex Immers: Cardiff City sign Feyenoord midfielder on loan". BBC Sport. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Huddersfield 2–3 Cardiff". BBC Sport. 30 January 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Cardiff City sign Lex Immers from Feyenoord on permanent contract". BBC Sport. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Lex Immers – Voetbal International profile". Voetbal International.
- "PDC Challenge Tour". Professional Darts Corporation. 20 March 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Lex Immers|