||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
Marinos in 2014
|Born||Alexander Francis Marinos
1 February 1949
|Occupation||Actor, director, writer|
Alexander Francis Marinos OAM (born 1 February 1949) better known by his stage name Lex Marinos is an Australian actor, director, writer, voice artist and media personality of Greek descent. Notable for his acting role as 'Bruno', the Italian son-in-law of Ted Bullpitt, on the Australian comedy television series Kingswood Country as and host of Late Night Legends on ABC2, he was also a presenter on radio station Double Jay (2JJ, now Triple J) in the late 1970s with Ted Robinson. '2JJ Station of the stars...and Ted and Lex'.
Marinos was born on 1 February 1949 in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, the son of Greek-born Fotios Marinopoulos and Anne Karofilis. He graduated from the University of New South Wales with a Bachelor of Arts degree with honours in Drama.
Order of Australia
Marinos was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for his services to the performing arts. He is also a former Deputy Chair of the Australia Council and the Community Cultural Development Fund of the Australia Council.
- The Slap (2011) .... Manolis
- Lunchtime (2005) (voice) .... Narrator
- Pizza (2000)
- Water Rats (1996) .... Bellamy
- Bedevil (1993) .... Dimitri 
- A Country Practice (1993) 
- The Last Days of Chez Nous (1992) .... Angelo 
- Embassy (1990) TV Series .... Tariq Abdullah (1991–92) 
- Pandemonium (1988) .... Detective Sergeant Dick Dickerson
- City West (1984) TV Series .... Tim Pappas
- Goodbye Paradise (1983) .... Con 
- Hoodwink (1981) ....
- Kingswood Country (1980) TV Series .... Bruno (1979–1984) 
- Cathy's Child (1979) .... Con Havros 
- Chopper Squad (1978)
- King's Men
- Scattergood: Friend of All (1975) TV Series
- The Aunty Jack Show (1972)
- The Rovers
As television director
- A Country Practice (1994) TV Series 
- Gillies and Company (1992) TV Series
- Boundaries of the Heart (1988)
- Hard Knuckle (1987) (TV) 
- Perhaps Love (1987) (TV)
- An Indecent Obsession (1985) 
- Remember Me (1985) (TV)
- Bodyline (1984) TV miniseries 
- "Search Australian Honours – Name: MARINOS, Alexander Francis". Commonwealth of Australia www.itsanhonour.gov.au. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Who Do You Think You Are? (Australian TV series)
- "Unleashed – Lex Marinos". Australian Broadcasting Corporation www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2118726.htm. 14 December 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Reference Number: MS 327 Guide to the Papers of Lex Marinos". www.lib.adfa.edu.au Australian Defence Force Academy. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Profile of Lex Marinos". from www.celebrityspeakers.com.au
- Tom Brock Lecture at the Australian Society for Sports History's website