Lexam VG Gold
|Traded as||TSX: LEX|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Rob McEwen, Chairman|
Lexam VG Gold Inc. is a North American gold exploration company formed by the merger of Lexam Explorations Inc. and VG Gold Corp. Principal prospects are in Canada, notably near the Dome Mine in northern Ontario near Timmins.
About Lexam VG Gold
Lexam VG Gold explores for gold in the Timmins area of northern Ontario, Canada. Formed in 2011 by the merger  of Lexam Explorations Inc. and VG Gold Corp., it resulted in an exploration company that is 27% owned by Chairman Rob McEwen. Lexam VG Gold carries out exploration programs designed to build the resource base, with the objective of identifying economic deposits  on its property assets. The most developed projects are Buffalo Ankerite (100% interest), Fuller (100% interest), Paymaster (60% interest) and Davidson Tisdale (100% interest).
The Company's properties hold some of the historic mines of the Porcupine Gold Rush, while the "Big Three" ( Dome Mine, Hollinger Mines, McIntyre Mines ) surround them within a distance of a few kilometers. Lexam VG Gold is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LEX), on OTCQX (LEXVF) and on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (VN3A).
Robert R. McEwen is Non-Executive Chairman, Andrew Iaboni is Chief Financial Officer, Ken Guy is Exploration Manager of Lexam VG Gold.
Below are referenced the participating companies in the January 1, 2011 merger that formed Lexam VG Gold.
Lexam Explorations Inc. spun out of Goldcorp on November 12, 1993. The company developed gas and oil projects and brought a strong treasury to the merger. Robert R. McEwen was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the company.
VG Gold Corp. was founded as Nordev Resources Limited in March 24, 1972. The company brought the Timmins gold projects to the merger. Thomas W. Meredith was President and Chief Executive Officer of the company.
- "Court Approves Plan of Arrangement Between Lexam Explorations and VG Gold". Yahoo Finance, based on a press release by the companies published in Marketwire. December 20, 2010. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- "Lexam Focuses on Potential for Open Pit Mining in Timmins - Updated Resource Estimates for Four Projects Generate Open Pit Gold Resources of 761,200 oz Indicated, 359,600 oz Inferred". Marketwire, press release by the Company. June 3, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Lexam Hopes to Develop Open Pits at Historic Producers". Canadian Mining Journal, based on a press release by the Company published in Marketwired. April 23, 2014. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Lexam VG Gold Exercises Paymaster Property Option - Enters Into Joint Venture Agreement With Goldcorp". Yahoo Finance, based on a press release by the Company published in Marketwire. June 18, 2012. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- "Lexam VG Expands Holdings in the Prolific Timmins Gold District". TMX Money, based on a press release by the Company published in Marketwired. March 3, 2015. Retrieved March 16, 2015.