The Shops at Lexington Center
|Former names||Lexington Civic Center|
|Location||430 West Vine Street
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
|Owner||Lexington–Fayette Urban County Government|
|General contractor||Hunt Construction|
The Lexington Center is an entertainment, convention and sports complex located on an 11-acre (45,000 m2) site in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. It features a convention center, a shopping mall, the Hyatt Regency Hotel, and Rupp Arena. It opened in 1976.
- Rupp Arena, a 24,000 seat arena, the world's largest when it was constructed, and currently the largest arena (by capacity) in the U.S. built specifically for basketball.
- The 1,000-seat Lexington Opera House, located at the corner of Broadway and Short Streets.
- A 95,000 square feet (8,800 m2) three-level shopping mall.
- A 366-room Hyatt Regency Hotel.
- A 70,000 square feet (6,500 m2) convention center.
- Triangle Park
- "Lexington Center." Lexington Center Corporation. Brochure.
- Berman, Michelle. "The road east new business, new life at the other end of Main." 27 December 1987. Herald-Leader [Lexington]. 9 November 2006.
- Official website
- Official website of Rupp Arena
- Official website of the Lexington Opera House
- Official website of Triangle Park
- Hyatt Regency Lexington
|This article about a building or structure in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|