Lexington Steele, Las Vegas, Nevada on January 18, 2014
|Born||Clifton Todd Britt, Jr.
November 28, 1969
New Jersey, U.S.
|Other names||Lex Steele, Hudson|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|No. of adult films||1141 as a performer
160 as a director
Clifton Britt (born November 28, 1969), better known as Lexington Steele, is an American pornographic actor, director and owner of Mercenary Motion Pictures and Black Viking Pictures Inc. He is the first actor to have won the AVN Male Performer of the Year Award three times.
Clifton Britt was born in New Jersey. After attending Morristown High School, he attended Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia for two years but graduated from Syracuse University's College of Arts and Sciences with a double degree in History and African-American studies in 1993.
After graduating from Syracuse, Steele became a stock broker trainee at the brokerage firm of M S Farrell in 1993. Once he earned his Series 7 trading license he moved to Oppenheimer Financial in the World Trade Center. He has stated that he would have been in the buildings and been a victim of the September 11, 2001 attacks had he kept his old job as a stockbroker. In a 2015 interview in AVN magazine, Steele commented about his transition into the adult industry, "Once I was licensed, it opened the door to a whole new recreational side of the industry. The guy who trained me invited me to a party in a hotel suite, and it ended up being a sex party like the ones in [the film] Wolf of Wall Street. It wasn't long before a bigger director from Los Angeles gave me a job and suggested I attend the annual porn industry convention in Las Vegas...". With regard to his decision to switch careers and industries and in consideration for how lucrative securities trading can be, Steele stated, "I tell them it's not like I was already a master of the universe. I was working 12 to 14 hours six days a week. I made six figures, but my quality of life wasn't commensurate."
Steele has said that his stage name came about back during the days when he worked as a stockbroker when he took the subway to visit a client. At that time he had already decided to move in the adult film industry and use the last name "Steele". His client was located in Midtown Manhattan and, Steele said, "I got off the subway at Madison [Avenue], ... on the corner of Madison and Lexington Avenues" [sic], where he was struck by the sound of "Lexington" as a first name. 
He started appearing in adult movies in April 1996, in New York City. He got his earliest exposure appearing in the interracial amateur productions of Lynn Carroll, an over 40 Milf and frequent co-star with Lex. He moved to Los Angeles and joined the industry full-time in March 1998. Initially he shot mainly for the companies such as West Coast Productions and director Spunky. Later, he appeared on videotapes produced by Anabolic and Diabolic. At the beginning of 2004 he joined Red Light District Video for a brief period.
Steele directs and performs exclusively for his own production company, Mercenary Motion Pictures (Headquarters in Encino, California), which he founded in 2003 and serves as chairman and CEO since 2005. The company reported annual net profits of $2.6 million in 2005.
Steele has worked as a model on the side and acted in minor TV roles. He appeared in two episodes of Showtime's Weeds in 2007 (3x07 "He taught me how to drive by" and 3x08 "The two Mrs. Scottsons"), playing himself at a movie shoot filming a scene with Kirsten Price and Jessica Jaymes. He appeared in the 2009 feature film Crank 2: High Voltage and also appeared in an episode of the FX series Nip/Tuck (5x05 "Chaz Darling") as a male escort at a party.
Steele was engaged to porn actress and director Vanessa Blue,from 1999-2006 and the two have appeared together on Playboy TV (in his two-season show Lex in the City) and in several movies. They ended their relationship in June 2006. In 2008, Steele and Blue filed federal lawsuits against each other over the ownership of numerous videos that first appeared under the Mercenary Pictures label. The suits were settled in March 2009 after meeting with an alternative dispute resolution jurist. As of February 2016, he was married to a French-Canadian woman.
During his time studying African-American studies, Steele developed an awareness of American politics and African-American rights. In 2008 he expressed his support for Barack Obama's presidential campaign.
- 2000 AVN Award – Best Anal Sex Scene (Video) – Whack Attack 6 (with Anastasia Blue)
- 2000 AVN Award – Male Performer of the Year
- 2001 AVN Award – Best Couples Sex Scene (Video) – West Side (with Inari Vachs)
- 2002 AFW Award – American Male Performer of the Year
- 2002 AVN Award – Male Performer of the Year
- 2002 XRCO Award – Best Threeway Sex Scene – Up Your Ass 18 (with Aurora Snow & Mr. Marcus)
- 2002 XRCO Award – Male Performer of the Year
- 2003 AFW Award – Best Sex Scene (Video) – Lex the Impaler 2 (with Alexa Rae)
- 2003 AFW Award – Best Anal Sex Scene (Video) – Up Your Ass 19 (with Belladonna)
- 2003 AFW Award – American Male Performer of the Year
- 2003 AVN Award – Male Performer of the Year
- 2003 AVN Award – Best Anal Sex Scene (Video) – Babes in Pornland: Interracial Babes (with Jewel De'Nyle)
- 2003 AVN Award – Best Couples Sex Scene (Video) – Lex the Impaler 2 (with Alexa Rae)
- 2003 FOXE Award – Male Performer of the Year
- 2003 Venus Award - Best Actor (USA)
- 2004 FOXE Award – Favorite Male Performer
- 2004 NightMoves Award – Best Actor (Fan’s Choice)
- 2005 AVN Award – Best Anal Sex Scene – Lex Steele XXX 3 (with Katsumi)
- 2005 FOXE Award – Male Fan Favorite
- 2005 XRCO Award – Sex Scene, Couple – XXX (with Katsumi)
- 2008 Urban Spice Award – Crossover Male
- 2008 Urban Spice Award – Visionary (tied with Alexander Devoe)
- 2009 AVN Hall of Fame inductee
- 2009 XRCO Hall of Fame inductee
- 2009 Hot d'Or Award - Best American Male Performer
- 2010 Urban X Award – Best Couple Sex Scene – MILF Magnet 4 (with Nyomi Banxxx)
- 2010 Urban X Award – Best Gonzo Director
- 2011 Urban X Award – Director of the Year
- Rog (July 2001). "Lexington Steele Interview". rogreviews.com. Retrieved 2007-04-20.
- Lexington Steele at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Alston, Joshua (2005-11-10). "A coming-of-age tale of one SU graduate's journey from stock quotes to deep throats". The Daily Orange. Syracuse, New York. Archived from the original on January 7, 2016. Retrieved 2007-08-25.
- Hymes, Tom. "Lex Steele Also Made the Leap from Wall Street to Porn Like Paige Jennings, Lexington Steele began his professional career on Wall Street, as he explained in the Daily News today". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- Inside the Adult Film Industry: A Lexington Steele interview, The Advocate, CUNY Graduate Center, April 2004 Archived September 15, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Joanne Cachapero (2007-06-12). "Lexington Steele". Eros-NY. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- Madison Avenue and Lexington Avenue do not intersect but run parallel their entire courses with Park Avenue between them.
- Steve Javors, "Lexington Steele Gets Evil IN", AVN, Vol30/No. 4, Issue 364, April 2013, pp.52–54.
- Interview with Lynn Carroll; February 8 2010; freeones.com
- Interview at AUC Magazine, March 2006
- Lexington Steele at the Internet Movie Database
- Onscreen credits and "IMDB"
- "IMDB credits page"
- Gram Ponante (2006-06-20). "Vanessa Blue splits with Lex, Mercenary". gramponante.com. Archived from the original on 2006-11-26. Retrieved 2007-04-20.
- Rhett Pardon (2009-03-13). "Lexington Steele, Vanessa Blue Settle Suits Against Each Other". xbiz.com. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Kaplan, Michael (February 13, 2016). "The Joys, Hardships, and Logistical Challenges of Life with a 10.5-Inch Penis". (Interview) Thrillist.com. Archived from the original on February 18, 2016. Retrieved February 18, 2016.
- "2000 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN. 2000-01-17. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Steve Nelson (2001-01-09). "The AVN Awards Show a Night to Remember". Adult Industry News. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Wayne Hentai. "Adam Film World Selects Same Big Winners as AVN and XRCO". AVN. Archived from the original on December 10, 2006. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- Heidi Pike-Johnson (2002-01-12). "2002 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". AVN. Archived from the original on February 4, 2002. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Steve Nelson (2002-04-13). "The 18th Annual Awards of the X-Rated Critics Organization". Adult Industry News. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Evil Angel, The Fashionistas Dominate Adam Film World 2002 Movie Awards". AVN. 2003-05-01. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Heidi Pike-Johnson (2003-01-21). "2003 AVN Awards Winners Announced: Awards Presented Big Year for Evil Angel...". AVN. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Fans of X-Rated Entertainment Honors Favorite Performers". AVN. 2003-06-22. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "AVN - Private and Americans Win Big at Venus Fair". Business.avn.com. 2003-10-22. Retrieved 2014-05-03.
- "Seka Takes Center Stage at 2004 FOXE Awards Show". AVN. 2004-06-18. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Dirty Bob (2004-09-21). "Winners of the Nightmoves Entertainment Awards Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "2005 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". AVN. 2005-01-08. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Roy Sims (2005-02-21). "Fans Flock to F.O.X.E. Awards". AVN. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Heidi Pike-Johnson (2005-06-02). "XRCO Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Steve Javors (2008-06-11). "Urban Spice Awards Announces First-Ever Winners". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Tod Hunter (2009-04-17). "XRCO Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Paul Fishbein (2009-10-21). "Pirates II, Evil Angel Big Winners at 2009 Hot d'Or Awards". AVN. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Hot d'Or archives presse x, articles sur les Hot d'or". Hot-dor.fr. Archived from the original on March 16, 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- Bob Johnson (2010-07-14). "Urban X Awards Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Peter Warren (2011-07-25). "2011 Urban X Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lexington Steele.|