Leyden Township, Cook County, Illinois
Location in Cook County
Cook County's location in Illinois
|• Total||19.84 sq mi (51.39 km2)|
|• Land||19.84 sq mi (51.39 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||4,682/sq mi (1,807.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60018, 60068, 60131, 60160, 60164, 60171, 60176, 60656, 60706, 60707
Leyden Township is located just northwest of the city of Chicago, an edge of which lies within the township but as a separate entity. According to the United States Census Bureau, the township covers an area of 19.84 square miles (51.4 km2).
Cities, towns, villages
- Bensenville (east of Mt. Prospect Rd.)
- Elmwood Park
- Franklin Park
- Melrose Park (north of North Av.)
- Norridge (west edge)
- Northlake (north of North Av.)
- Park Ridge (south edge)
- River Grove
- Rosemont (southeast three-quarters)
- Schiller Park
- Maine Township (north)
- Norwood Park Township (northeast)
- Oak Park Township (southeast)
- River Forest Township (southeast)
- Proviso Township (south)
- York Township, DuPage County (southwest)
- Addison Township, DuPage County (west)
Leyden Township is home to Leyden Community High School District 212 which operates East and West Leyden High Schools. 16 public elementary schools operate within the township.
Leyden also contains Triton Community College located in River Grove.
The township contains these five cemeteries: Eden Memorial Park, Elmwood, Fairview Memorial, Memorial Estates and Saint Joseph.
- O'Hare International Airport
- Cook County Forest Preserve (south quarter)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Illinois' 4th congressional district
- State House District 65
- State House District 77
- State Senate District 33
- State Senate District 39
- "Leyden Township, Cook County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Leyden township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2016.