Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Municipality of Leyte|
Map of Leyte with Leyte highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||3rd district of Leyte|
|Barangays||30 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Arnold James "Noli" Ysidoro|
|• Electorate||23,651 voters (2016)|
|• Total||181.26 km2 (69.98 sq mi)|
|• Density||220/km2 (580/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)53|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||99.8 million (2016)|
- Palid I (Ilawod)
- Palid II (Iraya)
|Population census of Leyte|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority |
In the 2015 census, the population of Leyte was 40,639 people, with a density of 220 inhabitants per square kilometre or 570 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Leyte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- More Photos and Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|