The Li-Fi Consortium is an international organization focusing on optical wireless technologies. It was founded by four technology-based organizations in October 2011. The goal of the Li-Fi Consortium is to foster the development and distribution of (Li-Fi) optical wireless technologies such as communication, navigation, natural user interfaces and others.
As of 2012[update] the Li-Fi Consortium outlined a roadmap for different types of optical communication such as gigabit-class communication as well as a full featured Li-Fi cloud which includes many more besides wireless infrared and visible light communication.
- The Li-Fi Consortium website http://www.lificonsortium.org
- "Li-Fi is Wi-Fi with lights". Cool International. 26 January 2012. Archived from the original on 14 February 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- "Industry Group Launches Li-Fi Consortium to Promote Optical Wireless Communications". 18 October 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- Li-Fi Using Light for Wireless Communication http://thedocentsmemo.blogspot.com/2012/01/li-fi.html
- Full featured Li-Fi cloud "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2012-02-06.
- 2012-01-28, Tripping the Light Fantastic, The Economist http://www.economist.com/node/21543470
|This article about wireless technology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|