|Education||Peidao Private Middle School|
|Alma mater||Sun Yat-sen University|
Saint Petersburg State University
|Awards||L'Oréal-UNESCO Awards for Women in Science (2003)|
|Institutions||Chinese Academy of Sciences|
The World Academy of Sciences
Li Fanghua (simplified Chinese: 李方华; traditional Chinese: 李方華; pinyin: Lǐ Fānghuá; born 6 January 1932) is a Chinese physicist. She is a member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the World Academy of Sciences, and the International Union of Crystallography. She is also the director of Chinese Society of Physics and China Union of Crystallography, and an editor of the Journal of Chinese Electron Microscopy Society, J. Electron Microscopy, Chinese Physics Letter, and Chinese Journal of Physics.
Li is fluent in English, French, German, Japanese,and Russian.
Li was born in British Hong Kong on January 6, 1932, with her ancestral home in Deqing County, Guangdong. She has four brothers and one sister. Her father, Li Jiong (Chinese: 李炯), was a major general in the Fourth Army of the National Revolutionary Army. Her mother, Liu Jiqing (Chinese: 刘季卿) was a native of Beijing. Li spent her childhood in British Hong Kong, Beijing and Guangzhou.
Li secondary studied at Fu Jen Girls' School (Chinese: 辅仁女子中学) and Peidao Private Middle School (Chinese: 培道私立中学), then she was accepted to Lingnan Private University (now Sun Yat-sen University). She was a graduate student in physics at Wuhan University. She also graduated from Leningrad University ( now Saint Petersburg State University) in 1956, where she majored in physics. After graduation, she applied for an internship in the Institute of Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and studied under Lu Xueshan (Chinese: 陆学善).
- "Li Hailed as Top Woman Scientist". China Daily. April 2, 2003.
- "李方华：显微科学的"半边天"". Sina (in Chinese). 2007-07-18.
- "贺李方华院士获"联合国教科文组织世界杰出女科学家成就奖"报告会举行". Chinese Society of Physics (in Chinese). 2003-03-22.
- "广东籍才女李方华获奖". Sina (in Chinese). 2003-03-01.
- "世界杰出女科学家成就奖：李方华". Sohu (in Chinese). 2008-03-06.
- "李方华 执著于"小科学"的大科学家". GMW (in Chinese). 2003-03-29.
- "中国科学家李方华教授首摘"女性诺贝尔奖"". Sina (in Chinese). 2003-02-28.
- "李方华：科学对性别无偏见". Beijing REviews (in Chinese). 2010-03-17.